“Re-Evolution of Running” Free Community Event Brings International Leaders to Shepherdstown
By Mark Cucuzzella
January 19, 2011
For the Washington Running Report
Running injury prevention leaders from around the globe are gathering in Shepherdstown for a 3 day conference to discuss best evidence and best practices to prevent and treat running injury. As part of the gathering the group desires to meet the local community and share stories, experience, and knowledge.
“The Re-Evolution of Running: Discover Pain Free Movement for Life” will be hosted by Two Rivers Treads Center for Natural Running and Walking, the Bavarian Inn, and the Running Clinic Canada on Friday Night January 28 at 7-9:00 p.m. at the Bavarian Inn.
Guest panelists include leading clinicians, researchers, teachers, writers, athletes, and footwear experts from around the globe:
- Founder: Chi Running and Chi Walking
- Asheville, NC; Internationally-acclaimed injury-prevention coach, ultra-marathoner and best-selling author
Dr. Craig Richards
- Newcastle, Australia; General Practice, Sports Medicine, Runner
- One of world's lead researchers on running injuries and footwear
Jay Dicharry PT
- Director SPEED Clinic University of Virginia
- International Authority on Gait Analysis and Running Injury
Dr. Peter Larson
- Professor of Biology St. Anshelm College New Hampshire, Marathon runner
- Author/host of world's most widely read site on running innovation- www.runbogger.com
Blaise Dubois PT/Sean Cannon PT
- Quebec City, Canada; International Leaders in running injuries
- Authors and Instructors of over 40 international conferences
- Boulder, Colorado; Co-Founder and CEO Newton Running
- Innovator in first shoe company with primary mission of injury prevention. Ironman competitor
Ian Adamson, MS Sports Med/BS Biomechanical Engineering
- Boulder, Colorado; Director of Research & Education-Newton
- Ultra-marathoner and 7 time world champ Adventure Racer
Dr. Daniel Kulund , USAF
- Chief Health Promotions Pentagon
- Physician, Innovator of Running Medicine. Opened first true “Runners Clinic” in the 1970’s.
Dr. Mark Cucuzzella,
- West Virginia University, Coach USAF Running Team, National Level Masters Runner
- National speaker/teacher of healthier running; sub 2:35 marathons in 4 decades
- Boulder Colorado; Editor Running Times
- Arlington, Virginia; Editor Competitor Magazine
“This is an amazing privilege to have all of these leaders in one room together willing to share and converse with the public. Over 60% of runners are injured every year. If the CDC were to evaluate this data they would shut running events down. Insurance companies now are reevaluating the advice to get fit if it involves running and the subsequent injuries and costs of expensive imaging studies and treatments.” says Mark Cucuzzella MD. “We need to develop entirely new approaches to running injuries and staying healthy for life”
The event is free to the public and geared toward walkers and runners of all abilities.
Date: January 28, 2011 7-9:00 p.m.
Location: Bavarian Inn
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
Free to the public. Coffee and dessert will be provided. Cash bar
For those wishing to dine prior at the premier Bavarian Inn call 304-876-2551 for reservations
For more information contact Two Rivers Treads Center for Natural Running and Walking or phone 304-876-1100.