Put on your best costume and channel your Halloween spirit for our first race at Algonkian Regional Park….THE JACK O’LANTERN JOG 5k !
About this Event
Our beautiful waterfront 5k course starts right on the Potomac river and winds throughout the park’s natural terrain. Our trail is half paved and half gravel/trail. Our course is family and pet friendly. The trail is great for beginners as it is mostly flat. This is a rain or shine event.
To guarantee a medal, tickets MUST BE PURCHASED by October 15th, 2020. Any tickets purchased after that date will not guarantee medals.
The event will start at Shelter 4 at 7:00 am with packet pick-up and registration. The race will begin in 2 heats to encourage social distancing. Heat 1 start at 8:00am and heat 2 will be 830am.
We will also be offering a run at your own pace option which will allow runners to complete the course during their own time over the weekend and pick up their finisher’s medal at the park office. For full day itinerary please see below.
• Bring your best costume to be entered into the costume contest! We will be gathering photos of the best costumes that run the race and announce 3-5 winners on the Algonkian Facebook Page. Winners will receive gifts that can be picked up at the park office.
• There will be PUMPKINS FOR SALE! Whats the Jack O’Lantern Jog without pumpkins! Pumpkins can be purchased with cash and are $8
• HOT CIDER and Kettle Corn! These two fall treats will really taste good after 3.2 miles and can be purchased before or after the run.
• Follow signs to shelter #4 after entering the park for check-in, registration and activities
• Parking will be at the Shelter 3/4 gravel lot.
• Parents/adult guardians are responsible for monitoring their children’s dietary limitations and safety.
For interest in sponsoring this event please email [email protected] We would love to team up with your business!
Full Itinerary Oct 25th,2020:
• 7am-8am — Race Check-in/Packet Pick up at Shelter 4 , Costume Contest Photos
• 8:00am — Race Heat 1 starts
• 8:30am — Race Heat 2 Starts
• 8am-11am — Hot Cider , Pumpkins, Kettle Corn for sale (can also be purchased by non racers)
Please contact Spencer Kauffman, Assistant Park Manager at 703-450-4655 or [email protected] with any questions about the race .