By Helen Russell
Springfield, VA February 16, 2010
For the Washington Running Report
Metro Run & Walk in Springfield, Virginia celebrates its one year anniversary with new owners, Mark & Helen Russell. The Russells purchased the store in February 2009 from long-time owner Lea Gallardo and is now the only Metro Run & Walk store in the Washington metropolitan area.
The Russells and the entire staff at Metro Run & Walk will be celebrating their anniversary with a day-long in-store event. Join them on Saturday February 20, 2010 anytime between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. They are offering refreshments all day, an anniversary cake cutting at 1:00 p.m. and various special guests on hand throughout the day. All Metro Run & Walk staff will be there, so long-time customers can look forward to reconnecting with the specialists who have been serving them for years.
Every half hour, starting at 10:30 a.m., there will be a drawing for free giveaways including:
- Shoes from Nike, Brooks, New Balance, and Saucony
- Apparel from Asics, Moving Comfort, and SportHill
- Timex Wireless Fitness Tracker and 50 lap Ironman Watch
- Nike and New Balance accessories
A Who’s Who of Community and Active Lifestyle Leadership will be there, offering customers the chance to pick a time to visit and have some great conversations.
- 10.00 a.m. – Melissa Dalio, Exercise Physiologist and Owner, Endura Coaching (pending)
- 11.00 a.m. – Jim Harman, Race Director and Owner, EX2adventures
- 12.00 noon – Martin Jones, Functional Training Expert and Owner, Active Duty Fitness for Women
- 1.00 p.m. – Dr Kathy Coutinho, Chiropractor and Owner, Positively Chiropractic
- 2.00 p.m. – Dan La May, President, Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- 3.00 p.m. – Kimberly Linton, “DC’s Toughest Trainer”, Owner, Fitness 4 Life
- 4.00 p.m. – Mary Perry, Registered Dietician and Owner, Dynamic Nutrition
- 5.00 p.m. – Anne Mader, Owner, The Bike Lane
As always, customers are invited to discuss 2010 activity and fitness goals with Metro Run & Walk staff who offer real-world experience as casual and competitive athletes in all running distances, racewalking, and triathlons. Information will also be available about Good FormTM clinics, running club activities, and plans for the Metro Run & Walk Springfield Days 15K/5K race to be held June 6, 2010.
Metro Run & Walk, 7261 Commerce Street, Springfield VA 22150 (703) 913-0313 www.MetroRunWalkSpringfield.com