Maegan Krifchin, a professional runner for Mizuno living in Silver Spring, reached the Olympic Trials “A” standard in the marathon, running 2:33:30 at the Hamburg Marathon in Germany April 26.
D.C. area athletes performed well at the Penn Relays April 26-28:
- Loudoun Valley junior Andrew Hunter won the high school mile run championship (4:07.15), with Northwest senior Diego Zarate third (4:09.69).
- Lake Braddock sophomore Kate Murphy won with high school girls’ 3000m championship in (9:32.82) for a 1.3 second margin of victory.
- Patriot’s girls won the Distance Medley Championship of America in 11:51:85. The team consisted of Candace Jones (3:42.82 for 1200m), Erin Andrewlevich (57.59/ 400 m), Sierra Bieberr (2:21.29/ 800m) and Rachel McArthur (4:50.16/ 1600m).
- Frances Koons (above, 51) of the Georgetown Running Club won the Olympic Development Women’s 5000m in 16:27.84, with Capital Area Runners’ Susanna Sullivan (53) finishing second in 16:30.27.
- Oiselle runner Kerri Gallagher won the Olympic Development Women’s Mile in 4:34:42.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Beach Drive remains closed to through traffic year-round, locals win conference, USATF titles.
Capt. Kyle King won the Marine Corps Marathon, a year after he planned to make his debut at the race, and Chelsea Baker of the British Royal Navy made tremendous strides winning the women’s race.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Celebrate Memorial Day! Honor our past and present military heroes and first responders by running in the annual RINGING IN HOPE: A SALUTE TO OUR TROOPS! Join your friends and neighbors on May 29, 2023, at