Maegan Krifchin, a professional runner for Mizuno living in Silver Spring, reached the Olympic Trials “A” standard in the marathon, running 2:33:30 at the Hamburg Marathon in Germany April 26.
D.C. area athletes performed well at the Penn Relays April 26-28:
- Loudoun Valley junior Andrew Hunter won the high school mile run championship (4:07.15), with Northwest senior Diego Zarate third (4:09.69).
- Lake Braddock sophomore Kate Murphy won with high school girls’ 3000m championship in (9:32.82) for a 1.3 second margin of victory.
- Patriot’s girls won the Distance Medley Championship of America in 11:51:85. The team consisted of Candace Jones (3:42.82 for 1200m), Erin Andrewlevich (57.59/ 400 m), Sierra Bieberr (2:21.29/ 800m) and Rachel McArthur (4:50.16/ 1600m).
- Frances Koons (above, 51) of the Georgetown Running Club won the Olympic Development Women’s 5000m in 16:27.84, with Capital Area Runners’ Susanna Sullivan (53) finishing second in 16:30.27.
- Oiselle runner Kerri Gallagher won the Olympic Development Women’s Mile in 4:34:42.
Arlington seeks trail feedback; Infeld, Whittaker, Guerra Tewalt make U.S. teams for World Championships, backward running track meet next week, Wardian completes cross-country run.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.