Maegan Krifchin, a professional runner for Mizuno living in Silver Spring, reached the Olympic Trials “A” standard in the marathon, running 2:33:30 at the Hamburg Marathon in Germany April 26.
D.C. area athletes performed well at the Penn Relays April 26-28:
- Loudoun Valley junior Andrew Hunter won the high school mile run championship (4:07.15), with Northwest senior Diego Zarate third (4:09.69).
- Lake Braddock sophomore Kate Murphy won with high school girls’ 3000m championship in (9:32.82) for a 1.3 second margin of victory.
- Patriot’s girls won the Distance Medley Championship of America in 11:51:85. The team consisted of Candace Jones (3:42.82 for 1200m), Erin Andrewlevich (57.59/ 400 m), Sierra Bieberr (2:21.29/ 800m) and Rachel McArthur (4:50.16/ 1600m).
- Frances Koons (above, 51) of the Georgetown Running Club won the Olympic Development Women’s 5000m in 16:27.84, with Capital Area Runners’ Susanna Sullivan (53) finishing second in 16:30.27.
- Oiselle runner Kerri Gallagher won the Olympic Development Women’s Mile in 4:34:42.
Derwood’s Lake Needwood helped Maggie Lloyd almost forget all about the summer misery and, somehow, the pandemic, for an hour or so.
Loudoun County’s map of unpaved roads led me to a beauty of a run north of Leesburg.
The sights, smells and open roads of the National Arboretum are open to runners nine hours a day.
Patuxent River Park in Upper Marlboro, Md. boasts more than 6,000 acres of nature trails and wildlife just ten miles off the Beltway. If you prefer a running soundtrack of croaking frogs…
3rd Annual APA MOORE Equity in Mental Health 5K Run,…
About APA’s MOORE Equity in Mental Health 5k
The APA’s Division of Diversity and Health Equity invites you to join us in combating mental health inequities facing young people of color and in honoring mental health advocate Bebe Moore Campbell.
Losing to Live 5K Walk/Run
WHEN Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 9:00 am WHERE This convenient location is just minutes from your house located 1/2 mile inside the 1-495 Capital Beltway at exit 51. Spectators are welcome to watch and cheer on the runners. Capital