Maegan Krifchin, a professional runner for Mizuno living in Silver Spring, reached the Olympic Trials “A” standard in the marathon, running 2:33:30 at the Hamburg Marathon in Germany April 26.
D.C. area athletes performed well at the Penn Relays April 26-28:
- Loudoun Valley junior Andrew Hunter won the high school mile run championship (4:07.15), with Northwest senior Diego Zarate third (4:09.69).
- Lake Braddock sophomore Kate Murphy won with high school girls’ 3000m championship in (9:32.82) for a 1.3 second margin of victory.
- Patriot’s girls won the Distance Medley Championship of America in 11:51:85. The team consisted of Candace Jones (3:42.82 for 1200m), Erin Andrewlevich (57.59/ 400 m), Sierra Bieberr (2:21.29/ 800m) and Rachel McArthur (4:50.16/ 1600m).
- Frances Koons (above, 51) of the Georgetown Running Club won the Olympic Development Women’s 5000m in 16:27.84, with Capital Area Runners’ Susanna Sullivan (53) finishing second in 16:30.27.
- Oiselle runner Kerri Gallagher won the Olympic Development Women’s Mile in 4:34:42.