- Georgetown alumna Emily Infeld earned a bronze medal at the IAAF Track and Field Championships 10k Monday, running 31:43.39 to edge Molly Huddle (fourth place) at the line. Along with sixth-place Shalane Flanagan, the trio was the United State’s best showing in the event.
- Broad Run alumna Stephanie Garcia qualified for the finals of the 3,000 meter steeplechase, one of three American women to do so.
- Arlington resident Kerri Gallagher advanced to the semifinals of the 1,500 meters at the IAAF meet before she finished eighth in that round.
- Seven American University cross country runners were among the Patriot League conference’s 25th anniversary team. They include:
- Samia Akbar
- Keira Carlstrom
- Brendan Fennell
- Steve Hallinan
- Pat McAdie
- Octavia Rinehardt
- Matt Seymour
- Akbar and Carlstrom were also among Eagles named to the Patriot League’s 25th anniversary track team. It also included:
- Sean Duffy
- Dustin Emrani
- Sean O’Brien
- The Army Ten-Miler transfer period closed last Friday.
- The Marine Corps Marathon deferment deadline is Aug. 31, or when 1,500 deferments have been requested.
- The Navy-Air Force Half Marathon and Navy Five Miler will switch directions in 2015. Both will run clockwise on Hains Point and the half marathon will begin with a loop of Hains Point.
- The City of Rockville needs a youth cross country for its annual fall cross country program. The program runs from September to November, with children ages 9-12. Contact Duncan Mullis for more information.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
A man broke an adult male runner’s nose while beating him after the runner bumped into him at approximately 11 a.m. June 24 on the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail near RFK…
Both 5K and 1 mile courses are USATF certified. The 5K course has some moderate hills. The 1 mile course is flat making this a perfect PR course. We are really looking to get a broader participation base.