- Georgetown alumna Emily Infeld earned a bronze medal at the IAAF Track and Field Championships 10k Monday, running 31:43.39 to edge Molly Huddle (fourth place) at the line. Along with sixth-place Shalane Flanagan, the trio was the United State’s best showing in the event.
- Broad Run alumna Stephanie Garcia qualified for the finals of the 3,000 meter steeplechase, one of three American women to do so.
- Arlington resident Kerri Gallagher advanced to the semifinals of the 1,500 meters at the IAAF meet before she finished eighth in that round.
- Seven American University cross country runners were among the Patriot League conference’s 25th anniversary team. They include:
- Samia Akbar
- Keira Carlstrom
- Brendan Fennell
- Steve Hallinan
- Pat McAdie
- Octavia Rinehardt
- Matt Seymour
- Akbar and Carlstrom were also among Eagles named to the Patriot League’s 25th anniversary track team. It also included:
- Sean Duffy
- Dustin Emrani
- Sean O’Brien
- The Army Ten-Miler transfer period closed last Friday.
- The Marine Corps Marathon deferment deadline is Aug. 31, or when 1,500 deferments have been requested.
- The Navy-Air Force Half Marathon and Navy Five Miler will switch directions in 2015. Both will run clockwise on Hains Point and the half marathon will begin with a loop of Hains Point.
- The City of Rockville needs a youth cross country for its annual fall cross country program. The program runs from September to November, with children ages 9-12. Contact Duncan Mullis for more information.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
The George Washington Patriot Run is a 10-Miler and a 5K on Sunday, September 10.
The racecourse includes both lanes of a 5-mile stretch of the George Washington Parkway.
The Finish Festival will offer music, food and beverage concessions, and