- Georgetown alumna Emily Infeld earned a bronze medal at the IAAF Track and Field Championships 10k Monday, running 31:43.39 to edge Molly Huddle (fourth place) at the line. Along with sixth-place Shalane Flanagan, the trio was the United State’s best showing in the event.
- Broad Run alumna Stephanie Garcia qualified for the finals of the 3,000 meter steeplechase, one of three American women to do so.
- Arlington resident Kerri Gallagher advanced to the semifinals of the 1,500 meters at the IAAF meet before she finished eighth in that round.
- Seven American University cross country runners were among the Patriot League conference’s 25th anniversary team. They include:
- Samia Akbar
- Keira Carlstrom
- Brendan Fennell
- Steve Hallinan
- Pat McAdie
- Octavia Rinehardt
- Matt Seymour
- Akbar and Carlstrom were also among Eagles named to the Patriot League’s 25th anniversary track team. It also included:
- Sean Duffy
- Dustin Emrani
- Sean O’Brien
- The Army Ten-Miler transfer period closed last Friday.
- The Marine Corps Marathon deferment deadline is Aug. 31, or when 1,500 deferments have been requested.
- The Navy-Air Force Half Marathon and Navy Five Miler will switch directions in 2015. Both will run clockwise on Hains Point and the half marathon will begin with a loop of Hains Point.
- The City of Rockville needs a youth cross country for its annual fall cross country program. The program runs from September to November, with children ages 9-12. Contact Duncan Mullis for more information.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.