Georgetown broke Villanova’s four-year streak of distance medley relay championships at the Penn Relays, then won the 4×800. Lake Braddock and Loudoun Valley won the high school DMR and a slew of high school, college and post-collegiate runners collected top-two finishes.
College Women’s 4×800 Championship
1. Georgetown 8:26.02 – Heather Martin (2:07.98), Sabrina Southerland (2:06.35), Emma Keenan (2:06.27), Sarah Schmidt (2:05.46)
Olympic Development Men’s Mile
1. Sam Penzenstadler, District Track Club 4:01.85
College Men’s 4xMile Championship
Lake Braddock alumnus Nick Tuck ran a leg on the University of Pennsylvania’s winning team
College Men’s Distance Medley Championship
2. Georgetown 9:36.32 – Cole Williams (2:58.63), Daniel Anderson (48.69), Joseph White (1:47.75), Ahmed Bile (4:01.25)
High School Boys’ 4×800 Large Schools Division
2.Lake Braddock 7:48.22 – Andrew Delvecchio (1:58.89), Cavanaugh McGaw (1:56.21), Colin Schaefer (1:58.83), Ben Fogg (1:54.31)
High School Boys’ Distance Medley Championship
1. Loudoun Valley 10:00.003 – Colton Bogucki (3:11.04), Nathaniel Thompson (49.28), Will Smagh (1:58.97), Andrew Hunter (4:00.73)
College Women’s Distance Medley Relay Championship
1. Georgetown 11:12:73 – Andrea Keklak (3:28.32), Heather Martin (55.12), Sabrina Southerland (2:05.22), Katrina Coogan (4:44.07)
High School Girls’ Distance Medley Relay Championship
1.Lake Braddock 11:36.52 – Samantha Schwers (3:41.09), Skyla Davidson (59.88), Shannon Browning (2:17.90), Kate Murphy (4:37.65)
High School Girls’ 3000m
1. Weini Kelati, Heritage 9:19.91
High School Girls’ Mile
2. Rachel McArthur, Patriot 4:50.80
Olympic Development Women’s 5,000m
1. Francs Loeb, Georgetown Running Club 16:50
Olympic Development Mens’ 5,000m
1. Chris Kwiatkowski, District Track Club 13:54.57
College Men’s 5,000
2. John Murray, Georgetown 13:56.61
Olympic Development Women’s 10,000m
1. Stephanie Reich, Georgetown Running Club 34:12.80
2. Kathy Newberry, Lake Braddock ’96 34:51.64
Olympic Development Men’s 10,000m
2. Ryan Mahalsky District Track Club 29:20.58
College Men’s 10,000m Championship
2. Michael Crozier, Georgetown 29:32.76
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.