Georgetown broke Villanova’s four-year streak of distance medley relay championships at the Penn Relays, then won the 4×800. Lake Braddock and Loudoun Valley won the high school DMR and a slew of high school, college and post-collegiate runners collected top-two finishes.
College Women’s 4×800 Championship
1. Georgetown 8:26.02 – Heather Martin (2:07.98), Sabrina Southerland (2:06.35), Emma Keenan (2:06.27), Sarah Schmidt (2:05.46)
Olympic Development Men’s Mile
1. Sam Penzenstadler, District Track Club 4:01.85
College Men’s 4xMile Championship
Lake Braddock alumnus Nick Tuck ran a leg on the University of Pennsylvania’s winning team
College Men’s Distance Medley Championship
2. Georgetown 9:36.32 – Cole Williams (2:58.63), Daniel Anderson (48.69), Joseph White (1:47.75), Ahmed Bile (4:01.25)
High School Boys’ 4×800 Large Schools Division
2.Lake Braddock 7:48.22 – Andrew Delvecchio (1:58.89), Cavanaugh McGaw (1:56.21), Colin Schaefer (1:58.83), Ben Fogg (1:54.31)
High School Boys’ Distance Medley Championship
1. Loudoun Valley 10:00.003 – Colton Bogucki (3:11.04), Nathaniel Thompson (49.28), Will Smagh (1:58.97), Andrew Hunter (4:00.73)
College Women’s Distance Medley Relay Championship
1. Georgetown 11:12:73 – Andrea Keklak (3:28.32), Heather Martin (55.12), Sabrina Southerland (2:05.22), Katrina Coogan (4:44.07)
High School Girls’ Distance Medley Relay Championship
1.Lake Braddock 11:36.52 – Samantha Schwers (3:41.09), Skyla Davidson (59.88), Shannon Browning (2:17.90), Kate Murphy (4:37.65)
High School Girls’ 3000m
1. Weini Kelati, Heritage 9:19.91
High School Girls’ Mile
2. Rachel McArthur, Patriot 4:50.80
Olympic Development Women’s 5,000m
1. Francs Loeb, Georgetown Running Club 16:50
Olympic Development Mens’ 5,000m
1. Chris Kwiatkowski, District Track Club 13:54.57
College Men’s 5,000
2. John Murray, Georgetown 13:56.61
Olympic Development Women’s 10,000m
1. Stephanie Reich, Georgetown Running Club 34:12.80
2. Kathy Newberry, Lake Braddock ’96 34:51.64
Olympic Development Men’s 10,000m
2. Ryan Mahalsky District Track Club 29:20.58
College Men’s 10,000m Championship
2. Michael Crozier, Georgetown 29:32.76
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
2023 will be the 10 year anniversary of the St. Louis Hawks 5K and Fun Run for Health & Wellness. The USATF certified course runs through the historic Hollin Hills neighborhood in Alexandria, VA.
The Hawks 5K goal, in conjunction