- The rebuilding project for Beach Drive in Rock Creek Park will begin after Labor Day, the National Park Service announced.
- Manassas resident Bethany Sachtleben will race on the U.S. Mountain Running Team at the world championships in Bulgaria this September after finishing second at the Loon Mountain Race July 3 in New Hampshire. A graduate student at Northern Virginia Community College, Sachtleben also won the Collegiate Running Association Mountain Running Championship, which was held concurrently.
- LetsRun.com a compiled an oral history of the women’s 5,000 meters at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, which was won by Georgetown assistant coach Julie Culley. Part I: The Road to the Trials Part II: The Race Part III:
- The Rockville Rotary Twilight Runfest will become a 5k this year, after being run since 1985, with a few weather cancellations, as an 8k.
- Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon will add an 8k this year.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.