- The rebuilding project for Beach Drive in Rock Creek Park will begin after Labor Day, the National Park Service announced.
- Manassas resident Bethany Sachtleben will race on the U.S. Mountain Running Team at the world championships in Bulgaria this September after finishing second at the Loon Mountain Race July 3 in New Hampshire. A graduate student at Northern Virginia Community College, Sachtleben also won the Collegiate Running Association Mountain Running Championship, which was held concurrently.
- LetsRun.com a compiled an oral history of the women’s 5,000 meters at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, which was won by Georgetown assistant coach Julie Culley. Part I: The Road to the Trials Part II: The Race Part III:
- The Rockville Rotary Twilight Runfest will become a 5k this year, after being run since 1985, with a few weather cancellations, as an 8k.
- Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon will add an 8k this year.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.
Georgetown’s Parker Stokes finished third in the steeplechase at the NCAA Championships, Howard’s women’s 4×4 team finished fifth, and two Hoyas finished in the top 15 in the women’s 10k.