- The rebuilding project for Beach Drive in Rock Creek Park will begin after Labor Day, the National Park Service announced.
- Manassas resident Bethany Sachtleben will race on the U.S. Mountain Running Team at the world championships in Bulgaria this September after finishing second at the Loon Mountain Race July 3 in New Hampshire. A graduate student at Northern Virginia Community College, Sachtleben also won the Collegiate Running Association Mountain Running Championship, which was held concurrently.
- LetsRun.com a compiled an oral history of the women’s 5,000 meters at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, which was won by Georgetown assistant coach Julie Culley. Part I: The Road to the Trials Part II: The Race Part III:
- The Rockville Rotary Twilight Runfest will become a 5k this year, after being run since 1985, with a few weather cancellations, as an 8k.
- Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon will add an 8k this year.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
A man broke an adult male runner’s nose while beating him after the runner bumped into him at approximately 11 a.m. June 24 on the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail near RFK…
The out and back Falls Church City 5K/3K course is mostly flat on the W&OD Trail starting and finishing at 103 Columbia Street. Overall male and female winners earn free shoes and medals are awarded to all categories. Great family