- Following Georgetown Director of Track and Field Mike Smith‘s departure to Northern Arizona University, Julie Culley has been promoted to head coach for women’s cross country.
- The Montgomery County Parks Department has opened a new trail — the Ten Mile Creek Trail — in Black Hill Regional Park. The natural surface trail stretches 6.1 miles between Clarksburg Road and Ten Mile Creek Road.
- Marymount University hired Brian Cunningham as the head men’s and women’s cross country coach.
- The National Park Service released its final NPS Paved Trails Study, which outlines priority projects. Among the recommendations of interest to runners:
- Plans to link regional trails around the Washington, D.C. area to create up to 45 miles of the National Capital Trail
- Connecting the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge to Arlington Ridge Park (U.S. Marine Corps Memorial and Netherlands Carillon)
- Developing a connection from Mount Vernon Trail to Theodore Roosevelt Bridge on south side of the bridge
- Improving access to the Mount Vernon Trail from the Airport Access Road overpass at Ronald Reagan National Airport/ Aviation Circle
- Conducting a feasibility study for a trail facility along the Oregon Avenue, NW corridor, stretching from Military Road, NW to the D.C./Maryland line, that avoids impacts to park resources
- Developing a hiker-biker trail connector from Shepherd Parkway SW through Oxon Cove Park to the Oxon Hill Farm Trail, and,
- Conducting a feasibility study for extension of the Suitland Parkway Trail from the D.C./ Maryland line to Henson Creek Trail.
Arlington seeks trail feedback; Infeld, Whittaker, Guerra Tewalt make U.S. teams for World Championships, backward running track meet next week, Wardian completes cross-country run.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.