- Following Georgetown Director of Track and Field Mike Smith‘s departure to Northern Arizona University, Julie Culley has been promoted to head coach for women’s cross country.
- The Montgomery County Parks Department has opened a new trail — the Ten Mile Creek Trail — in Black Hill Regional Park. The natural surface trail stretches 6.1 miles between Clarksburg Road and Ten Mile Creek Road.
- Marymount University hired Brian Cunningham as the head men’s and women’s cross country coach.
- The National Park Service released its final NPS Paved Trails Study, which outlines priority projects. Among the recommendations of interest to runners:
- Plans to link regional trails around the Washington, D.C. area to create up to 45 miles of the National Capital Trail
- Connecting the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge to Arlington Ridge Park (U.S. Marine Corps Memorial and Netherlands Carillon)
- Developing a connection from Mount Vernon Trail to Theodore Roosevelt Bridge on south side of the bridge
- Improving access to the Mount Vernon Trail from the Airport Access Road overpass at Ronald Reagan National Airport/ Aviation Circle
- Conducting a feasibility study for a trail facility along the Oregon Avenue, NW corridor, stretching from Military Road, NW to the D.C./Maryland line, that avoids impacts to park resources
- Developing a hiker-biker trail connector from Shepherd Parkway SW through Oxon Cove Park to the Oxon Hill Farm Trail, and,
- Conducting a feasibility study for extension of the Suitland Parkway Trail from the D.C./ Maryland line to Henson Creek Trail.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.