- Following Georgetown Director of Track and Field Mike Smith‘s departure to Northern Arizona University, Julie Culley has been promoted to head coach for women’s cross country.
- The Montgomery County Parks Department has opened a new trail — the Ten Mile Creek Trail — in Black Hill Regional Park. The natural surface trail stretches 6.1 miles between Clarksburg Road and Ten Mile Creek Road.
- Marymount University hired Brian Cunningham as the head men’s and women’s cross country coach.
- The National Park Service released its final NPS Paved Trails Study, which outlines priority projects. Among the recommendations of interest to runners:
- Plans to link regional trails around the Washington, D.C. area to create up to 45 miles of the National Capital Trail
- Connecting the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge to Arlington Ridge Park (U.S. Marine Corps Memorial and Netherlands Carillon)
- Developing a connection from Mount Vernon Trail to Theodore Roosevelt Bridge on south side of the bridge
- Improving access to the Mount Vernon Trail from the Airport Access Road overpass at Ronald Reagan National Airport/ Aviation Circle
- Conducting a feasibility study for a trail facility along the Oregon Avenue, NW corridor, stretching from Military Road, NW to the D.C./Maryland line, that avoids impacts to park resources
- Developing a hiker-biker trail connector from Shepherd Parkway SW through Oxon Cove Park to the Oxon Hill Farm Trail, and,
- Conducting a feasibility study for extension of the Suitland Parkway Trail from the D.C./ Maryland line to Henson Creek Trail.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
The George Washington Patriot Run is a 10-Miler and a 5K on Sunday, September 10.
The racecourse includes both lanes of a 5-mile stretch of the George Washington Parkway.
The Finish Festival will offer music, food and beverage concessions, and