- Noah Lyles, a 2017 T.C. Williams graduate, broke the 300 meter indoor record at the USA Indoor Championships in Albuquerque March 3, running 31.87, 0.01 seconds faster than Wallace Spearman‘s 2006 world record.
- The courses and start times will change for Saturday’s Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Marathon and Half Marathon. Rather than using a shared 7:30 a.m. start, the marathon will start at 7 a.m. and the half is scheduled to start at 8:30. Roughly 15,000 runners start the half marathon, who will have use of the Metro system to reach the start, despite SafeTrack restrictions on early openings. The marathon usually draws around 2,500 runners, who will not have metro access to reach the start. Runners will not cross the Arlington Memorial Bridge – check out the courses here.
- The Road Runners Club of America awarded the National Running Award for outstanding website to the Northern Virginia Running Club, which is managed by Nene Reed.
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on