- Arlington’s Tyler Andrews ran a world record track 50k, 2:46:06, in Santa Barbara April 13.
- Bethany Sachtleben won the Collegiate Running Association 10k championship Saturday at the Monument Avenue 10k in Richmond, running 33:37 for a 1:47 margin over second place.
- Loudoun Valley alumnus Drew Hunter won the B.A.A. Mile in Boston, running 4:07.
- Georgetown alumnus Andrew Bumbalough finished fifth at the Boston Marathon, running 2:19:52 to place third among Americans.
- Matt Rodjom will represent the United States in the World Para Athletics Marathon World Cup, part Sunday’s London Marathon. He runs despite Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy, which distorts most of his vision directly ahead.
Police arrest former high school coach, Cherry Blossom lottery open, US XC champs come to Virginia in ’23 and ’24, D’Amato wins national half marathon title, Farley indulges himself.
Since everyone seems to be remarking that last year felt like five, here’s some of what happened in the local running scene in 2021.
RunWashington’s coaches panel reviewed the 2021 season and picked the 62 best cross country runners in the D.C. area.
RunWashington’s coaches panel reviewed the 2021 season and picked the seven girls and seven boys for the All-RunWashington Virginia team.