- Arlington’s Tyler Andrews ran a world record track 50k, 2:46:06, in Santa Barbara April 13.
- Bethany Sachtleben won the Collegiate Running Association 10k championship Saturday at the Monument Avenue 10k in Richmond, running 33:37 for a 1:47 margin over second place.
- Loudoun Valley alumnus Drew Hunter won the B.A.A. Mile in Boston, running 4:07.
- Georgetown alumnus Andrew Bumbalough finished fifth at the Boston Marathon, running 2:19:52 to place third among Americans.
- Matt Rodjom will represent the United States in the World Para Athletics Marathon World Cup, part Sunday’s London Marathon. He runs despite Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy, which distorts most of his vision directly ahead.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.
Georgetown’s Parker Stokes finished third in the steeplechase at the NCAA Championships, Howard’s women’s 4×4 team finished fifth, and two Hoyas finished in the top 15 in the women’s 10k.