- The Marine Corps Marathon entry lottery closes at noon EDT, Wednesday, March 28.
- With Arlington Memorial Bridge construction looming, the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile course will instead travel farther north on Rock Creek Parkway and farther south on Ohio Drive before runners turn around on both roads.
- The Montgomery County Road Runners Club announced the recipients of its annual awards:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Bob & Kimberly Price
- Coach of the Year – Larry Feidelseit
- Journalism Award – George Tarrico
- Humanitarian Award – Andy Steinfeld
- Race Director of the Year – Don Shulman
- Volunteer of the Year – Mayra Fairbairn
- Most Improved Runners – Mark Adams & Kristen Serafin
- Outstanding High School Runners – Yasmine Kass, Abigail Green, Nathan Phillips & Adam Nakasaka
- President’s Awards – Karen Kincer, Gail Edwards, Brian Murphy & M-NCPPC
- Runner of the Year – Robert Judson, Angela Cason, Jeff Duyn, Emily Pierce, Ning Rui, Kristen Serafin, and Sara Wassner Flynn
- Runner of the Year Recognition – Kirk Gordon, Stuart Gordon, Eric Melby, Yuji Funakoshi, John Whitridge, Jennifer Sample, Julie Sapper, Shlomo Fishman, and Ashlyn Sinclair
- Volunteer Service – Lisa Chilcote, Alex Reichmann, Eva Rodezno and Krista Zanetti
- Participation Series – Mark Adams, Kevin Anderson, Walter Brown, Christina Caravoulias, Mayra Fairbairn, Yukun Fung, Eric Johnston, Bernard Kelly, Leonard Lee, Don Libes, Brian Murphy, Jennifer Murphy, Rob Palmer, Francis Parks, Catherine Poole, Dan Reichmann, Jayna Resman, Patti Rich, Donald Schuirmann, Robert Smith, Julie Trapp, John Way, Angelo Witten, Kam Yee, Tom Young, Wendy Young
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.