- Several runners with local connections will be competing at the NCAA Division I Cross Country Championships, held Saturday, Nov. 17 at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Please let us know if we missed someone.
- Caroline Alcorta – Villanova – West Springfield (Mid-Atlantic region champion)
- Emily Bracher – Maryland
- Tai Dinger – Stanford – St. Albans
- Abbey Green – Virginia – Walter Johnson
- Heather Holt – NC State – George Marshall
- Weini Kelati – New Mexico – Heritage (Mountain region champion)
- Allie Klimkiewicz – Princeton – Oakton
- Taylor Knibb – Cornell – Sidwell Friends School
- Page Lester – Princeton – National Cathedral School
- Rachel McArthur – Villanova – Patriot
- Jack Van Scoter – Georgetown
- Nicholas Wareham – Georgetown
- To the northeast, at least seven local runners will be competing at the NCAA Division III Cross Country Championships the same day at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. Please let us know if we missed someone.
- Tristan Colaizzi – Williams – Georgetown Day School
- Genevive DiBari – Pomona – Stone Ridge
- Zoe Friedman – Emory – Montgomery Blair
- Jeff Gibson – Mary Washington – Edison
- Abigail Levine – Carnegie Mellon – Bethesda-Chevy Chase
- Adam Nakasaka – Carleton – Bethesda-Chevy Chase
- Abigail Shoemaker – Chicago – Thomas Jefferson
- A woman who was initially listed as the sixth finisher at the Marine Corps Marathon crossed none of the intermediate timing mats and has been removed from the results.
- Voting closes Friday for the Hometown Hero Award, which carries a $25,000 prize. George Marshall cross country coach Darrell General is the only cross country or track coach in the finals. You can vote here.
Heritage alumna Weini Kelati ran the world championships 10 k standard and several local runners won distance races at college conference championships.
Beach Drive in D.C.’s Rock Creek Park will remained closed to through traffic until at least Labor Day, local infrastructure planners want runners’ input.
Former Westfield runner and All-RunWashington honoree Johnny Pace produced a video for the Pacers Running film series on Joan and Drew Hunter.
NPS will accept comments through May 19 on proposals to create unprotected bike and pedestrian lanes on Hains Point. A remote meeting April 19 at 5 p.m. will elaborate on the options.