- The U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association has named four local coaches Coach of the Year for their respective states:
- Virginia – Marc Hunter, along with his wife Joan, guided Loudoun Valley’s boys team to its second straight Nike Cross Nationals title.
- D.C. – John Ausema’s Gonzaga team won its third straight D.C. title.
- D.C. – Emily Farrar guided the Woodrow Wilson girls to their first, and a public school’s first, D.C. title this fall.
- Maryland – Northwood alumnus Giovanni Reumente returned to his alma mater and guided his boys’ team to county and regional championships and took two runners to Nike Cross Nationals.
- A WTOP reporter rescued a runner who fell into Broad Branch Creek and nearly drowned Sunday, Jan. 13.
- Lisa Reichmann and Julie Sapper of Run Father and Faster are producing a podcast during the approach to the Boston Marathon. Listen to it on iTunes here.
- Gaithersburg High School alumnus Ian Torrence is conducting a survey on treadmill use. Take it here.
- Lake Braddock alumna Kate Murphy appeared on the Citius podcast to talk about her injuries.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.