- The U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association has named four local coaches Coach of the Year for their respective states:
- Virginia – Marc Hunter, along with his wife Joan, guided Loudoun Valley’s boys team to its second straight Nike Cross Nationals title.
- D.C. – John Ausema’s Gonzaga team won its third straight D.C. title.
- D.C. – Emily Farrar guided the Woodrow Wilson girls to their first, and a public school’s first, D.C. title this fall.
- Maryland – Northwood alumnus Giovanni Reumente returned to his alma mater and guided his boys’ team to county and regional championships and took two runners to Nike Cross Nationals.
- A WTOP reporter rescued a runner who fell into Broad Branch Creek and nearly drowned Sunday, Jan. 13.
- Lisa Reichmann and Julie Sapper of Run Father and Faster are producing a podcast during the approach to the Boston Marathon. Listen to it on iTunes here.
- Gaithersburg High School alumnus Ian Torrence is conducting a survey on treadmill use. Take it here.
- Lake Braddock alumna Kate Murphy appeared on the Citius podcast to talk about her injuries.