- Patriot alumna Rachel McArthur elaborated to The Stride Report on her decision to transfer to the University of Colorado from Villanova University.
- South Lakes alumnus Alan Webb has been named associate head cross country and assistant track coach at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- Georgetown alumnus and former director of track and field Chris Miltenberg has been named director of track and field at the University of North Carolina. He coached the 2011 Georgetown women’s cross country team to an NCAA championship.
- George Mason rising sophomore Siobhra O’Flaherty will represent Ireland in the 10,000 meters in the European U23 Championships July 12 in Galve, Sweden.
- Quince Orchard High School named its inaugural athletics hall of fame class, which includes distance runners and contributors:
- Wayne Bartholomew
- Karen Pulliam Egan
- Troy Harry
- Coach Jerry Link
- And track and field athletes Ruth Kura, Ariel Nehemiah, Aron Dorsey, Bani Gbadyu and Travis Hawkins
Arlington seeks trail feedback; Infeld, Whittaker, Guerra Tewalt make U.S. teams for World Championships, backward running track meet next week, Wardian completes cross-country run.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.