- Heritage alumna Weini Kelati was named USATFCCCA Division I National Athlete of the Week for her win at the Joe Paine Invitational Oct. 4. She runs for the University of New Mexico.
- George Washington University freshman James Glockenmeier was named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week for finish as the top freshman in his race at the Paul Short Run.
- Liam Walsh, a 2016 Quince Orchard alumnus, was named University Athletic Association Cross Country Athlete of the Week Sept. 17. He led Carnegie Mellon to victory at the Allegheny College Classic, taking first place overall.
- Georgetown alumna Rachel Schneider competed in the preliminary heat of the 5,000 meters at the IAAF World Championships. Georgetown alumnus Amos Bartelsmeyer, running for Germany, advanced to the 1,500 meter semifinals.
- The Army Ten-Miler is Sunday, Oct. 13. If you don’t have a bib, don’t run in someone else’s.
Police arrest former high school coach, Cherry Blossom lottery open, US XC champs come to Virginia in ’23 and ’24, D’Amato wins national half marathon title, Farley indulges himself.
Since everyone seems to be remarking that last year felt like five, here’s some of what happened in the local running scene in 2021.
RunWashington’s coaches panel reviewed the 2021 season and picked the 62 best cross country runners in the D.C. area.
RunWashington’s coaches panel reviewed the 2021 season and picked the seven girls and seven boys for the All-RunWashington Virginia team.