- Heritage alumna Weini Kelati was named USATFCCCA Division I National Athlete of the Week for her win at the Joe Paine Invitational Oct. 4. She runs for the University of New Mexico.
- George Washington University freshman James Glockenmeier was named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week for finish as the top freshman in his race at the Paul Short Run.
- Liam Walsh, a 2016 Quince Orchard alumnus, was named University Athletic Association Cross Country Athlete of the Week Sept. 17. He led Carnegie Mellon to victory at the Allegheny College Classic, taking first place overall.
- Georgetown alumna Rachel Schneider competed in the preliminary heat of the 5,000 meters at the IAAF World Championships. Georgetown alumnus Amos Bartelsmeyer, running for Germany, advanced to the 1,500 meter semifinals.
- The Army Ten-Miler is Sunday, Oct. 13. If you don’t have a bib, don’t run in someone else’s.
Derwood’s Lake Needwood helped Maggie Lloyd almost forget all about the summer misery and, somehow, the pandemic, for an hour or so.
Loudoun County’s map of unpaved roads led me to a beauty of a run north of Leesburg.
The sights, smells and open roads of the National Arboretum are open to runners nine hours a day.
Patuxent River Park in Upper Marlboro, Md. boasts more than 6,000 acres of nature trails and wildlife just ten miles off the Beltway. If you prefer a running soundtrack of croaking frogs…
3rd Annual APA MOORE Equity in Mental Health 5K Run,…
About APA’s MOORE Equity in Mental Health 5k
The APA’s Division of Diversity and Health Equity invites you to join us in combating mental health inequities facing young people of color and in honoring mental health advocate Bebe Moore Campbell.
Losing to Live 5K Walk/Run
WHEN Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 9:00 am WHERE This convenient location is just minutes from your house located 1/2 mile inside the 1-495 Capital Beltway at exit 51. Spectators are welcome to watch and cheer on the runners. Capital