- The Virginia High School League voted July 27 to delay fall sports, including cross country, to Feb. 15 – May 1, between shortened winter and spring sports seasons.
- The Washington Catholic Athletic Conference will not sanction competitions before Jan. 1.
- The Blue Ridge Running Camp is broadcasting nightly panel discussions with athletes, nutritionists and therapists.
- The District Track Club and Sharing Shoes will be collecting lightly used athletic shoes at the Formula Running Center 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Aug. 8.
- The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments approved the plan for the National Capital Trail Network.
- Arlington’s Mike Wardian and Gu representative Ken Holmes will be the guests on Potomac River Running’s Instagram Live at 7:30 p.m. Wendesday, July 29.
- Keira D’Amato was a guest on the A to Z Running podcast.
- Masters runner Eric Melby was a guest on the Run Farther and Faster podcast.
Marine Corps Marathon sells out, Tewalt and Johnson to race at NCAAs, Chocolate City Relay sets off on Saturday and a D.C. runner wins gold medals for Malta.
Local runners captured 25 titles at state outdoor track championships in distance races and another broke the 4-minute-mile barrier.
Derwood’s Lake Needwood helped Maggie Lloyd almost forget all about the summer misery and, somehow, the pandemic, for an hour or so.
Loudoun County’s map of unpaved roads led me to a beauty of a run north of Leesburg.
3rd Annual APA MOORE Equity in Mental Health 5K Run,…
About APA’s MOORE Equity in Mental Health 5k
The APA’s Division of Diversity and Health Equity invites you to join us in combating mental health inequities facing young people of color and in honoring mental health advocate Bebe Moore Campbell.
Losing to Live 5K Walk/Run
WHEN Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 9:00 am WHERE This convenient location is just minutes from your house located 1/2 mile inside the 1-495 Capital Beltway at exit 51. Spectators are welcome to watch and cheer on the runners. Capital