- The Virginia High School League voted July 27 to delay fall sports, including cross country, to Feb. 15 – May 1, between shortened winter and spring sports seasons.
- The Washington Catholic Athletic Conference will not sanction competitions before Jan. 1.
- The Blue Ridge Running Camp is broadcasting nightly panel discussions with athletes, nutritionists and therapists.
- The District Track Club and Sharing Shoes will be collecting lightly used athletic shoes at the Formula Running Center 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Aug. 8.
- The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments approved the plan for the National Capital Trail Network.
- Arlington’s Mike Wardian and Gu representative Ken Holmes will be the guests on Potomac River Running’s Instagram Live at 7:30 p.m. Wendesday, July 29.
- Keira D’Amato was a guest on the A to Z Running podcast.
- Masters runner Eric Melby was a guest on the Run Farther and Faster podcast.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
The George Washington Patriot Run is a 10-Miler and a 5K on Sunday, September 10.
The racecourse includes both lanes of a 5-mile stretch of the George Washington Parkway.
The Finish Festival will offer music, food and beverage concessions, and