- The Custis Trail will be closed at Bon Air Park between the I-66 underpass and W&OD Trail between Aug 24 – Sept 6. Detours are posted.
- The Rails to Trails Conservancy featured the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail as August’s Trail of the Month.
- District Track Club runners Edose Ibadin, Vincent Crisp and Quamel Prince were guests on the 2 Black Runners podcast.
- Herndon alumna Hiruni Wijerathne ran a Sri Lanken 5,000 meter record Saturday at the Music City Distance Carnival in Nashville, 16:17.51.
- The NCAA Division I Cross Country Championships have been canceled for 2020.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
A man broke an adult male runner’s nose while beating him after the runner bumped into him at approximately 11 a.m. June 24 on the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail near RFK…
The out and back Falls Church City 5K/3K course is mostly flat on the W&OD Trail starting and finishing at 103 Columbia Street. Overall male and female winners earn free shoes and medals are awarded to all categories. Great family