- Montgomery County Parks’ weekend closures of portions of Sligo Creek Parkway, Little Falls Parkway and Beach Drive will continue until further notice, and over Labor Day weekend will last until 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8. Typically, the closures start at 9 a.m. on Fridays and last until 6 p.m. on Sundays.
- The 14th Street Pacers location is closed until further notice after a motorist drove a car into the storefront Aug. 29.
- Massage therapist (and 2016 Best of Washington Running Best Running Doctor or Therapist) Pete Sherry will be the guest on Wednesday’s Potomac River Running Instagram live, from 8 p.m – 9 p.m.
- Georgetown alumnus and UNC assistant coach Dylan Sorensen was a guest on the Convos Over Cold Brew podcast.
- Thomas Jefferson alumnus and former professional runner Chris Mocko was a guest on the BibRave podcast.
- Georgetown alumna Kate Landau was a guest on the Running for Real podcast.
- MedStar Health Sports Cardiology is looking for marathon runners diagnosed with atrial fibrillation to participate in a research study. If you are a runner with atrial fibrillation and want to learn more about your cardiac health by participating in an EKG, Echo-cardiogram and Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (VO2 max), please reach out to Arjun Kanwal or Kezia Alexander.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
2023 will be the 10 year anniversary of the St. Louis Hawks 5K and Fun Run for Health & Wellness. The USATF certified course runs through the historic Hollin Hills neighborhood in Alexandria, VA.
The Hawks 5K goal, in conjunction