- Montgomery County Parks’ weekend closures of portions of Sligo Creek Parkway, Little Falls Parkway and Beach Drive will continue until further notice, and over Labor Day weekend will last until 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8. Typically, the closures start at 9 a.m. on Fridays and last until 6 p.m. on Sundays.
- The 14th Street Pacers location is closed until further notice after a motorist drove a car into the storefront Aug. 29.
- Massage therapist (and 2016 Best of Washington Running Best Running Doctor or Therapist) Pete Sherry will be the guest on Wednesday’s Potomac River Running Instagram live, from 8 p.m – 9 p.m.
- Georgetown alumnus and UNC assistant coach Dylan Sorensen was a guest on the Convos Over Cold Brew podcast.
- Thomas Jefferson alumnus and former professional runner Chris Mocko was a guest on the BibRave podcast.
- Georgetown alumna Kate Landau was a guest on the Running for Real podcast.
- MedStar Health Sports Cardiology is looking for marathon runners diagnosed with atrial fibrillation to participate in a research study. If you are a runner with atrial fibrillation and want to learn more about your cardiac health by participating in an EKG, Echo-cardiogram and Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (VO2 max), please reach out to Arjun Kanwal or Kezia Alexander.
Police arrest former high school coach, Cherry Blossom lottery open, US XC champs come to Virginia in ’23 and ’24, D’Amato wins national half marathon title, Farley indulges himself.
Since everyone seems to be remarking that last year felt like five, here’s some of what happened in the local running scene in 2021.
RunWashington’s coaches panel reviewed the 2021 season and picked the 62 best cross country runners in the D.C. area.
RunWashington’s coaches panel reviewed the 2021 season and picked the seven girls and seven boys for the All-RunWashington Virginia team.