- Montgomery County Parks’ weekend closures of portions of Sligo Creek Parkway, Little Falls Parkway and Beach Drive will continue until further notice, and over Labor Day weekend will last until 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8. Typically, the closures start at 9 a.m. on Fridays and last until 6 p.m. on Sundays.
- The 14th Street Pacers location is closed until further notice after a motorist drove a car into the storefront Aug. 29.
- Massage therapist (and 2016 Best of Washington Running Best Running Doctor or Therapist) Pete Sherry will be the guest on Wednesday’s Potomac River Running Instagram live, from 8 p.m – 9 p.m.
- Georgetown alumnus and UNC assistant coach Dylan Sorensen was a guest on the Convos Over Cold Brew podcast.
- Thomas Jefferson alumnus and former professional runner Chris Mocko was a guest on the BibRave podcast.
- Georgetown alumna Kate Landau was a guest on the Running for Real podcast.
- MedStar Health Sports Cardiology is looking for marathon runners diagnosed with atrial fibrillation to participate in a research study. If you are a runner with atrial fibrillation and want to learn more about your cardiac health by participating in an EKG, Echo-cardiogram and Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (VO2 max), please reach out to Arjun Kanwal or Kezia Alexander.