- Montgomery County Parks’ weekend closures of portions of Sligo Creek Parkway, Little Falls Parkway and Beach Drive will continue until further notice, and over Labor Day weekend will last until 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8. Typically, the closures start at 9 a.m. on Fridays and last until 6 p.m. on Sundays.
- The 14th Street Pacers location is closed until further notice after a motorist drove a car into the storefront Aug. 29.
- Massage therapist (and 2016 Best of Washington Running Best Running Doctor or Therapist) Pete Sherry will be the guest on Wednesday’s Potomac River Running Instagram live, from 8 p.m – 9 p.m.
- Georgetown alumnus and UNC assistant coach Dylan Sorensen was a guest on the Convos Over Cold Brew podcast.
- Thomas Jefferson alumnus and former professional runner Chris Mocko was a guest on the BibRave podcast.
- Georgetown alumna Kate Landau was a guest on the Running for Real podcast.
- MedStar Health Sports Cardiology is looking for marathon runners diagnosed with atrial fibrillation to participate in a research study. If you are a runner with atrial fibrillation and want to learn more about your cardiac health by participating in an EKG, Echo-cardiogram and Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (VO2 max), please reach out to Arjun Kanwal or Kezia Alexander.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.