- The Arlington Memorial Bridge has reopened after more than two years of rehabilitation that limited sidewalk access and prevented the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile, Army Ten-Miler and the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. races from using the bridge for their courses.
- Montgomery County Parks will not close Little Falls Parkway to traffic on weekends during the winter months, owing to the labor involved in setting up four roadblocks. Feedback can be sent to [email protected] or 301-495-2595.
- The DCSAA is delaying the start of sports, with indoor track now scheduled to start practices Feb. 1 and cross country scheduled to begin March 8.
- Jazmine Fray who runs for the District Track Club, was a guest on the Keeping Pace podcast.
- The District Track Club recently redesigned its website, which includes a merchandise sale through Dec. 20 to help fund the middle distance team and free educational materials for runners.
- Georgetown alumna Rachel Schneider ran 31:09.79 for 10k at the Sound Running Track Meet to meet the Olympic standard of 31:25.
- Heritage alumna Weini Kelati, the defending NCAA cross country and 5k champion, left the University of New Mexico early to run professionally for Under Armour’s Dark Sky Distance team.
- Georgetown alumnus and former coach Chris Miltenberg was a guest on the Morning Shakeout podcast.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
2023 will be the 10 year anniversary of the St. Louis Hawks 5K and Fun Run for Health & Wellness. The USATF certified course runs through the historic Hollin Hills neighborhood in Alexandria, VA.
The Hawks 5K goal, in conjunction