- The District Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting to discuss the progress on the design of the remaining sections of the Metropolitan Branch Trail Feb. 10 at 6:30 p.m. Use this link to join the meeting: rebrand.ly/MetBranchTrail
- Written comments will be accepted through Feb. 1 for the project to missing segments of the shared-use path along northbound Route 29 (Lee Highway) between Vaden Drive and Nutley Street (Route 243) in Fairfax County, directed to [email protected] and [email protected] Please reference “De Minimis Impact Towers Park” in the subject line. See more information here: Route 29 Northbound Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements
- The City of Alexandria is seeking input from community stakeholders regarding the proposed project Old Cameron Run Trail. Give your feedback via this feedback form. Feedback is due on Sunday, Jan. 31. Learn more about the project here: https://www.alexandriava.gov/tes/info/default.aspx?id=116739
- Georgetown Day School alumna Ziyah Holman’s kick in a 4×400 meter relay for the University of Michigan got about as much play from ESPN as a collegiate runner can expect.
- The Hoya Insider podcast has featured both Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Alton Mckenzie and Head Men’s Cross Country Coach Brandon Bonsey.
- Montgomery County’s Christine Dunn was a guest on the Run Farther and Faster podcast.
- Georgetown alumnus Andrew Bumbalough was a guest on the Citius podcast, talking about his retirement from professional running.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.