- The District Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting to discuss the progress on the design of the remaining sections of the Metropolitan Branch Trail Feb. 10 at 6:30 p.m. Use this link to join the meeting: rebrand.ly/MetBranchTrail
- Written comments will be accepted through Feb. 1 for the project to missing segments of the shared-use path along northbound Route 29 (Lee Highway) between Vaden Drive and Nutley Street (Route 243) in Fairfax County, directed to [email protected] and [email protected] Please reference “De Minimis Impact Towers Park” in the subject line. See more information here: Route 29 Northbound Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements
- The City of Alexandria is seeking input from community stakeholders regarding the proposed project Old Cameron Run Trail. Give your feedback via this feedback form. Feedback is due on Sunday, Jan. 31. Learn more about the project here: https://www.alexandriava.gov/tes/info/default.aspx?id=116739
- Georgetown Day School alumna Ziyah Holman’s kick in a 4×400 meter relay for the University of Michigan got about as much play from ESPN as a collegiate runner can expect.
- The Hoya Insider podcast has featured both Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Alton Mckenzie and Head Men’s Cross Country Coach Brandon Bonsey.
- Montgomery County’s Christine Dunn was a guest on the Run Farther and Faster podcast.
- Georgetown alumnus Andrew Bumbalough was a guest on the Citius podcast, talking about his retirement from professional running.