- Two walkers reported being attacked April a person on a black electric bike on Beach Drive near Wise Road in Rock Creek Park.
- Work to extend the Powerline Trail in Montomery County by 7.6 miles will begin in 2022 and eventually connect South Germantown Park to Cabin John Regional Park, thanks to $10 million from the state of Maryland.
- Loudoun Valley coaches Joan and Marc Hunter will be guests on the Out of the Blocks show tonight at 8:30 – the show will be archived, too.
- Work to widen the W&OD at Columbia Pike and Four Mile Run Drive may briefly affect trail access until Apirl 19.
- The Capital Crescent Trail will be closed north of River Road at times for a few days starting Monday, April 19 to allow for tree removal.
- Milesplit featured an interview with Heritage alumna Weini Kelati.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
A man broke an adult male runner’s nose while beating him after the runner bumped into him at approximately 11 a.m. June 24 on the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail near RFK…
Both 5K and 1 mile courses are USATF certified. The 5K course has some moderate hills. The 1 mile course is flat making this a perfect PR course. We are really looking to get a broader participation base.