- The Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile entry lottery closes at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, June 30.
- The Army Ten-Miler will be held in person Oct. 10.
- The National Park Service will hold a virtual meeting July 8, from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. to present a range of alternatives for the future of the 4.25-mile stretch of Beach Drive between Broad Branch Road and the Maryland border. That strech has been closed to through traffic for more than a year to allow pedestrian use during the pandemic. Public comment will be accepted July 8 – Aug. 22. To provide comments online or get additional information on the project, visit https://parkplanning.nps.gov/beachdrive.
- Doubles by Rachel Schneider and Robert Brandt led the way for local distance runners at the Olympic Trials. On the shorter distance side, T.C. Williams alumnus Noah Lyles made the Olympic team, winning the 200 meters.
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on