- The Virginia Sports Information Directors awarded all-state honors to several local distance runners:
- Division III: First Team – Sam Llaneza, University of Lynchburg (Brentsville District); Second Team Ryan Henderson, Christopher Newport (George Mason High School); Emily Miller, Shenandoah (Patriot); Second Team Sam Koltisko, Christopher Newport (Freedom)
- Division I: First team – Annabelle Eastman, George Mason University; First team Diego Zarate, Virginia Tech (Northwest); First team Derek Johnson, Virginia (Tusacora); First team Fitsum Seyoum, Virginia Tech (Tusacora); Second Team Lauren Berman, Virginia Tech (Robinson); Second Team Kyra Holland, William and Mary (Loudoun Valley)
- Potomac River Running plans to open a store in South Riding, Va.
- VDOT and the Commonwealth Transportation Board selected the Mt. Vernon Trail North Enhancement Trail Project for SMART Scale Funding. This award is for $28.2 million and preliminary engineering will start in 2026. This project will repair and widen approximately 6.5 miles of the Mount Vernon Trail in Arlington and Alexandria, from Roosevelt Island to Jones Point Park
- The Alexandria’s Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities and the Department of Project Implementation will hold a 6:30 p.m. meeting on Wednesday, July 28 to provide an update on the Holmes Run Bike & Pedestrian Trail Restoration Project at the Patrick Henry Recreation Center at 4653 Taney Ave.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.