- The Virginia Sports Information Directors awarded all-state honors to several local distance runners:
- Division III: First Team – Sam Llaneza, University of Lynchburg (Brentsville District); Second Team Ryan Henderson, Christopher Newport (George Mason High School); Emily Miller, Shenandoah (Patriot); Second Team Sam Koltisko, Christopher Newport (Freedom)
- Division I: First team – Annabelle Eastman, George Mason University; First team Diego Zarate, Virginia Tech (Northwest); First team Derek Johnson, Virginia (Tusacora); First team Fitsum Seyoum, Virginia Tech (Tusacora); Second Team Lauren Berman, Virginia Tech (Robinson); Second Team Kyra Holland, William and Mary (Loudoun Valley)
- Potomac River Running plans to open a store in South Riding, Va.
- VDOT and the Commonwealth Transportation Board selected the Mt. Vernon Trail North Enhancement Trail Project for SMART Scale Funding. This award is for $28.2 million and preliminary engineering will start in 2026. This project will repair and widen approximately 6.5 miles of the Mount Vernon Trail in Arlington and Alexandria, from Roosevelt Island to Jones Point Park
- The Alexandria’s Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities and the Department of Project Implementation will hold a 6:30 p.m. meeting on Wednesday, July 28 to provide an update on the Holmes Run Bike & Pedestrian Trail Restoration Project at the Patrick Henry Recreation Center at 4653 Taney Ave.
The National Park Service plans to reopen Beach Drive to cars for nine months of the year, but is accepting comments through Thursday.
Welcome to Parks Half Marathon, one of the most beautiful USATF certified courses in the Mid-Atlantic region! Our race begins just before sunrise on a scenic Montgomery County road and…
Hot enough for ya? How about, humid enough for ya?
D’Amato makes world marathon team, hopes arise for July completion of zoo loop, one pedestrian offramp for the American Legion Bridge in Maryland.
The 8th Annual VIDA Thrive 5K event is back in person, happening October 15, 2022 at 8am! We are looking forward to welcoming back runners this year to support Thrive DC.
The new location is along Beach Drive through beautiful