- Washington, D.C. native Taylor Knibb finished 16th out of 34 in the Olympic triathlon Monday, finishing in 2:00:59.
- Georgetown alumna Rachel Schneider (WCP) will race the Olympic 5,000 meter preliminary tomorrow morning (July 30) 6 a.m. Watch the race on Peacock
- Georgetown alumnus Amos Bartelsmeyer, representing Germany, will race the Olympic 1,500 meter preliminary Monday, Aug. 2 at 8:05 p.m. Watch the race on CNBC
- University of Maryland Associate Head Track Coach Danielle Siebert is serving as event manager with USATF during the Olympics.
- The Association of Road Racing Statisticians ratified Oakton and American University alumna Keira D’Amato’s women’s only 10-mile (51:23) as a world record. She ran the time Nov. 24, 2020 in Anacostia Park in Washington, D.C.
- The Potomac Valley Track Club, fielded many by D.C.-area residents, finished second overall at the USATF Masters Track and Field Championships, scoring a combined 433 points in men’s and women’s events to the So Cal Track Club’s 666. The men finished second with 227 points to So Cal’s 445 and the women finished third (206 points) behind So Cal (221) and SC Striders (217).