The D.C. area will offer plenty of opportunities to join the biggest road racing day of the year. In 2019, these races combined for 22,863 finishers:
- Alexandria Turkey Trot – 9 a.m.
- Arlington Turkey Trot – 8 a.m. – sold out
- Ashburn Farm 5k/10k – 8:15 a.m.
- Can the Bird Turkey Trot – 8 a.m.
- Bethesda Turkey Chase – virtual
- Laurel Turkey Trot – 8 a.m.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot 5k – 9 a.m.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot Four Miles – 9 a.m.
- Prince William Turkey Trot – 8:30 a.m.
- SOME Trot For Hunger – 9 a.m.
- Turkey Day 5k – 8 a.m. – registration closed
- Turkey Burnoff – 8:30 a.m. Saturday
Silver Spring’s Jordan Tropf ran three marathons in three days: Baltimore, Chicago and Boston, with some excitement along the way.
Three local runners earned All-America honors at the NCAA Division I and III Cross Country Championships.
A bevy of local runners will be competing at the NCAA Cross Country Championships Saturday.
Two Montgomery County sophomores won individual races at the Maryland state championships to go with the Walter Johnson girls’ and Poolesville boys’ team titles.