The D.C. area will offer plenty of opportunities to join the biggest road racing day of the year. In 2019, these races combined for 22,863 finishers:
- Alexandria Turkey Trot – 9 a.m.
- Arlington Turkey Trot – 8 a.m. – sold out
- Ashburn Farm 5k/10k – 8:15 a.m.
- Can the Bird Turkey Trot – 8 a.m.
- Bethesda Turkey Chase – virtual
- Laurel Turkey Trot – 8 a.m.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot 5k – 9 a.m.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot Four Miles – 9 a.m.
- Prince William Turkey Trot – 8:30 a.m.
- SOME Trot For Hunger – 9 a.m.
- Turkey Day 5k – 8 a.m. – registration closed
- Turkey Burnoff – 8:30 a.m. Saturday
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Beach Drive remains closed to through traffic year-round, locals win conference, USATF titles.
Capt. Kyle King won the Marine Corps Marathon, a year after he planned to make his debut at the race, and Chelsea Baker of the British Royal Navy made tremendous strides winning the women’s race.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Celebrate Memorial Day! Honor our past and present military heroes and first responders by running in the annual RINGING IN HOPE: A SALUTE TO OUR TROOPS! Join your friends and neighbors on May 29, 2023, at