The D.C. area will offer plenty of opportunities to join the biggest road racing day of the year. In 2019, these races combined for 22,863 finishers:
- Alexandria Turkey Trot – 9 a.m.
- Arlington Turkey Trot – 8 a.m. – sold out
- Ashburn Farm 5k/10k – 8:15 a.m.
- Can the Bird Turkey Trot – 8 a.m.
- Bethesda Turkey Chase – virtual
- Laurel Turkey Trot – 8 a.m.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot 5k – 9 a.m.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot Four Miles – 9 a.m.
- Prince William Turkey Trot – 8:30 a.m.
- SOME Trot For Hunger – 9 a.m.
- Turkey Day 5k – 8 a.m. – registration closed
- Turkey Burnoff – 8:30 a.m. Saturday
As local road races find their footing in the post-pandemic world, along with attracting racers, they also need to be well-staffed with volunteers to handle all of those things that make a race worth running.
Fairfax County Detectives have arrested and charged a 42-year-old Herndon man with crimes related to indecent exposures near the Washington and Old Dominion Trail in August, the department reported.
Fairfax County schools and a few local guests raced at Burke Lake Saturday, with the Potomac School’s Charlie Ortmans and W.T. Woodson and Herndon’s Gillian Bushee and West Springfield leading…
Assaults on the W&D Trail, a stabbing on the Custis Trail, an extension for the Beach Drive closure, new bridges and trails and honors for local cross country/track runners and coaches.
The 18th annual St. Rita 5K & Fun Run is a fall classic on treelined streets through beautiful Alexandria, Va.
Certified & chip-timed 5K follows a flat, fast, out-and-back course through Potomac Yard.
The morning festivities includes a live DJ,
The Association of African Methodist Episcopal Scouts’ (AAMES) 1st Annual 5K In-Person/Virtual Run-Walk Race
Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 8:00 A.M.
Fort Washington National Park, 13551 Fort Washington Road, Fort Washington, Maryland 20744