The D.C. area will offer plenty of opportunities to join the biggest road racing day of the year. In 2019, these races combined for 22,863 finishers:
- Alexandria Turkey Trot – 9 a.m.
- Arlington Turkey Trot – 8 a.m. – sold out
- Ashburn Farm 5k/10k – 8:15 a.m.
- Can the Bird Turkey Trot – 8 a.m.
- Bethesda Turkey Chase – virtual
- Laurel Turkey Trot – 8 a.m.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot 5k – 9 a.m.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot Four Miles – 9 a.m.
- Prince William Turkey Trot – 8:30 a.m.
- SOME Trot For Hunger – 9 a.m.
- Turkey Day 5k – 8 a.m. – registration closed
- Turkey Burnoff – 8:30 a.m. Saturday
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.
Georgetown’s Parker Stokes finished third in the steeplechase at the NCAA Championships, Howard’s women’s 4×4 team finished fifth, and two Hoyas finished in the top 15 in the women’s 10k.