- Patriot alumna Rachel McArthur ran the 800 meter leg of Villanova’s winning distance medley relay team at the Penn Relays. Bullis’ Masai Russell won the high school girls’ 400 meter hurdles in 59.49.
- Shauneen Werlinger, a Springfield resident and a Thomas Jefferson alumna, qualified for the 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials, finishing fourth at the Eugene Marathon April 29 in 2:44:35. She’s the fourth local runner to qualify for the race, which will be held in Atlanta, with several additional runners living nearby or having connections to the D.C. area.
- Arlington’s Jamie Watts finished the New Jersey Marathon Sunday.
- Results for RunWashington’s Runner Rankings have been loaded and are current as of late March, with updates coming this week.
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on