- Georgetown alumna Kate Landau was a guest on the Morning Shakeout podcast. She was the top finisher with local ties at the 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials. Read more about her here
- Mike Smith, another Georgetown alumnus and former director of track and field, was a guest on the Morning Shakeout a few weeks ago.
- Fairfax County Public Schools tracks are now open to the public. Don’t be idiots about it!
- Loudoun County High School alumnus Tommy Curtain will be a guest on Wednesday night’s Potomac River Running Instagram Live, from 8-9 p.m.
- Georgetown alumnus Dylan Sorensen ran a 4:37 mile while dribbling a basketball.
- The USA Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association awarded All-America awards to NCAA Championships qualifiers. Distance runners with local ties include:
- Division I: Northwest alumnus Diego Zarate, a Virginia Tech student, in the mile; Briar Woods alumnus Jack Joyce, a Virginia Tech student, in the distance medley relay; Chantilly alumnus Brandon McGorty, a Stanford student, in the distance medley relay; Heritage alumna Weini Kelati, a New Mexico student, in the 5k, 3k and distance medley relay; Westfield alumna Sara Freix, a Virginia Tech student, in the 3k and distance medley relay and Patriot alumna Rachel McArthur, a Colorado student, in the distance medley relay.
- Division III: Quince Orchard alumnus Liam Walsh, a Carnegie Mellon student, in the mile; Georgetown Day School alumus Tristan Colaizzi, a Williams student, in the distance medley relay and Thomas Jefferson alumna Abigail Shoemaker, a Chicago student, in the 5k.