- The MPSSAA released a plan for fitting three 2020-2021 school year sports seasons starting Feb. 1, 2021.
- The winter season, including indoor track, will go Feb. 1-March 27.
- The fall season, including cross country, will go March 15-May 8.
- The spring season, including outdoor track, will go April 26-June 19.
- The Coalition for the Capital Crescent Trail will hold its annual membership meeting remotely Monday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m – 8:30 p.m.
- Centreville alumnus and former Lake Braddock and Marymount coach Brian Cunningham will be the guest on this Wednesday’s Potomac River Running Instagram Live, from 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. Cunningham ran and coached track at the College of William and Mary, which has annouced plans to cut the men’s indoor and outdoor track teams, along with five other sports.
- D.C.’s Keshia Roberson was a guest on the Social Sport podcast, talking about the Womxn Run the Vote Relay.
- On this week’s Run Farther and Faster podcast, host Lisa Levin recounts running an actual marathon over the past weekend.