- The MPSSAA released a plan for fitting three 2020-2021 school year sports seasons starting Feb. 1, 2021.
- The winter season, including indoor track, will go Feb. 1-March 27.
- The fall season, including cross country, will go March 15-May 8.
- The spring season, including outdoor track, will go April 26-June 19.
- The Coalition for the Capital Crescent Trail will hold its annual membership meeting remotely Monday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m – 8:30 p.m.
- Centreville alumnus and former Lake Braddock and Marymount coach Brian Cunningham will be the guest on this Wednesday’s Potomac River Running Instagram Live, from 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. Cunningham ran and coached track at the College of William and Mary, which has annouced plans to cut the men’s indoor and outdoor track teams, along with five other sports.
- D.C.’s Keshia Roberson was a guest on the Social Sport podcast, talking about the Womxn Run the Vote Relay.
- On this week’s Run Farther and Faster podcast, host Lisa Levin recounts running an actual marathon over the past weekend.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
Be part of the original festive race for charity and signature Arthritis Foundation holiday event! Wear your favorite holiday attire and together, we’ll jingle all the way to a cure! Register as an individual or bring a team of friends,