- Richard Montgomery alumnus and University of Virginia junior Rohann Asfaw was the USA Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association Division I National Athlete of the Week following his win at the Virginia Invitational last week. He won the 2014 DCXC Invitational sophomore race six years prior.
- Throughout October, the National Park Service is improving roads and trails at Memorial Circle, improving crosswalks for visibility.
- The George Washington University Cross Country and Track teams are presenting a state of the program presentation Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. Contact Sagmi Park at [email protected] or 202-994-8412 for more information.
- The University of Virginia cross country teams, which include 17 local runners, are having a virtual meet the teams event at 6 p.m. Sept. 30.
- The top three women with local connection at the Olympic Marathon Trials – Georgetown alumna Kate Landau, Oakton and American alumna Keira D’Amato and George Mason alumna and Fairfax resident Bethany Satchleben – will be racing the Marathon Project, a professional-only marathon in Arizona Dec. 20, as reported by Fast Women.
- Georgetown alumnus Spencer Brown was a guest on the Citius podcast, talking about his YouTube channel The Athlete Special and his move to Seattle to run for the Brooks Beasts.
- I will make my exception to sticking to local subjects because the Run Farther and Faster podcast featured Mark Courtney, whose timing system and legend as a runner has been a great influence on me for 24 years.