- Richard Montgomery alumnus and University of Virginia junior Rohann Asfaw was the USA Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association Division I National Athlete of the Week following his win at the Virginia Invitational last week. He won the 2014 DCXC Invitational sophomore race six years prior.
- Throughout October, the National Park Service is improving roads and trails at Memorial Circle, improving crosswalks for visibility.
- The George Washington University Cross Country and Track teams are presenting a state of the program presentation Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. Contact Sagmi Park at [email protected] or 202-994-8412 for more information.
- The University of Virginia cross country teams, which include 17 local runners, are having a virtual meet the teams event at 6 p.m. Sept. 30.
- The top three women with local connection at the Olympic Marathon Trials – Georgetown alumna Kate Landau, Oakton and American alumna Keira D’Amato and George Mason alumna and Fairfax resident Bethany Satchleben – will be racing the Marathon Project, a professional-only marathon in Arizona Dec. 20, as reported by Fast Women.
- Georgetown alumnus Spencer Brown was a guest on the Citius podcast, talking about his YouTube channel The Athlete Special and his move to Seattle to run for the Brooks Beasts.
- I will make my exception to sticking to local subjects because the Run Farther and Faster podcast featured Mark Courtney, whose timing system and legend as a runner has been a great influence on me for 24 years.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.