- Richard Montgomery alumnus and University of Virginia junior Rohann Asfaw was the USA Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association Division I National Athlete of the Week following his win at the Virginia Invitational last week. He won the 2014 DCXC Invitational sophomore race six years prior.
- Throughout October, the National Park Service is improving roads and trails at Memorial Circle, improving crosswalks for visibility.
- The George Washington University Cross Country and Track teams are presenting a state of the program presentation Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. Contact Sagmi Park at [email protected] or 202-994-8412 for more information.
- The University of Virginia cross country teams, which include 17 local runners, are having a virtual meet the teams event at 6 p.m. Sept. 30.
- The top three women with local connection at the Olympic Marathon Trials – Georgetown alumna Kate Landau, Oakton and American alumna Keira D’Amato and George Mason alumna and Fairfax resident Bethany Satchleben – will be racing the Marathon Project, a professional-only marathon in Arizona Dec. 20, as reported by Fast Women.
- Georgetown alumnus Spencer Brown was a guest on the Citius podcast, talking about his YouTube channel The Athlete Special and his move to Seattle to run for the Brooks Beasts.
- I will make my exception to sticking to local subjects because the Run Farther and Faster podcast featured Mark Courtney, whose timing system and legend as a runner has been a great influence on me for 24 years.
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on