- Richard Montgomery alumnus and University of Virginia junior Rohann Asfaw was the USA Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association Division I National Athlete of the Week following his win at the Virginia Invitational last week. He won the 2014 DCXC Invitational sophomore race six years prior.
- Throughout October, the National Park Service is improving roads and trails at Memorial Circle, improving crosswalks for visibility.
- The George Washington University Cross Country and Track teams are presenting a state of the program presentation Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. Contact Sagmi Park at [email protected] or 202-994-8412 for more information.
- The University of Virginia cross country teams, which include 17 local runners, are having a virtual meet the teams event at 6 p.m. Sept. 30.
- The top three women with local connection at the Olympic Marathon Trials – Georgetown alumna Kate Landau, Oakton and American alumna Keira D’Amato and George Mason alumna and Fairfax resident Bethany Satchleben – will be racing the Marathon Project, a professional-only marathon in Arizona Dec. 20, as reported by Fast Women.
- Georgetown alumnus Spencer Brown was a guest on the Citius podcast, talking about his YouTube channel The Athlete Special and his move to Seattle to run for the Brooks Beasts.
- I will make my exception to sticking to local subjects because the Run Farther and Faster podcast featured Mark Courtney, whose timing system and legend as a runner has been a great influence on me for 24 years.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
A man broke an adult male runner’s nose while beating him after the runner bumped into him at approximately 11 a.m. June 24 on the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail near RFK…
The out and back Falls Church City 5K/3K course is mostly flat on the W&OD Trail starting and finishing at 103 Columbia Street. Overall male and female winners earn free shoes and medals are awarded to all categories. Great family