- Registration for the Marine Corps Marathon’s virtual options will open Wednesday, March 10 at 12 p.m.. If the race is able to be run in-person this October, those registered for the virtual race will have priority for in-person registration.
- Pacers Running, Summit to Soul and Vida Fitness are holding a virtual event at 7 p.m. March 10 for International Womxn’s Day including 40 minute yoga class and a panel discussing womxn’s leadership in the running community with Pacers CEO Kathy Dalby, Summit to Soul owner Kim Wattrick, Track Tuesday coach Keshia Roberson, New Balance’s Morgan Taylor and the November Project’s Katherine Foley. Learn more here
- The District Department of Transportation and Rock Creek Park are holding a remote public meeting from 6:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. March 18 regarding the Rock Creek Park trail.
- Georgetown’s men’s and women’s cross country teams qualfiied for the NCAA Championships, George Mason sophomore Annanbelle Eastman qualified as an individual
- Georgetown graduate student Robert Brandt ran 13:24.31 to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Trials in the 5,000 meters.
- Georgetown alumna Emily Infeld ran 31:08.57 to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Trials in the 10,000 meters. She was a guest on the More Than Running and For the Long Run podcasts.
- Oakton and American alumna Keira D’Amato has signed a professional contract with Nike. She ran 32:16.82 at the Texas Qualifier to meet the U.S. Olympic Trials standard for the 10,000 meters.
- I just learned about Georgetown alumnus Andre Laboy’s podcast Conversation Pace, which has featured interviews with a slew of other Georgetown alumni:
- Georgetown alumna Josette Norris was a guest on the Run Your Mouth podcast.
- A handful of local runners won distance titles at the Virginia Indoor Track state championships:
- 5A 4×800 meters Freedom (South Riding) 9:46.88 – Kayleigh Burke, Maya Porter, Madison Garber, Mackenzie Keller
- 6A 1600 meters – Zach Morse Oakton 4:16.73
- 3200 meters Bryce Lentz 9:23.25
- 3200 meters Gillian Bushee Herndon 11:07.52
- 4×800 meters West Springfield 8:09.87 – Luke Hawkins, Alex Asady, Tyler Weeks, John O’Donnell
- 4×800 meters West Springfield 9:48.11 – Chloe Miller, Ella Johnson, Aidan MacGrath, Jane Bruenjes
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
The George Washington Patriot Run is a 10-Miler and a 5K on Sunday, September 10.
The racecourse includes both lanes of a 5-mile stretch of the George Washington Parkway.
The Finish Festival will offer music, food and beverage concessions, and