- The National Park Service will close East Potomac Park for one week in early December to divide the road on Hains Point to add a dedicated bike and pedestian lane to the inside half of the road.
- NPS will hold a virtual public meeting a 7 p.m. Dec. 6 to address planned safety improvements along Arlington County’s portion of the Mount Vernon Trail.
- The entry lottery for the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile will run from Dec. 1-5.
- Herndon’s Gillian Bushee, McLean’s Thais Rolly and Good Counsel’s Leah Stephens qualified for the Champs National Cross Country Championship (formerly sponsored by Foot Locker).
- Georgetown’s women finished 10th and the men 31st at the NCAA DIvision I Cross Country Championships, with Washington Latin’s Luke Tewalt (Wake Forest) finishing 22nd and John Champe’s Bethany Graham (Furman) finishing 27th to lead D.C.-area natives. Gonzaga’s Gavin McElhennon (Johns Hopkins) finished 27th and George Marshall’s Sophie Tedesco (Chicago) finished 60th at the Division III championships.
- Division I
- 21 Maggie Donahue – Georgetown
- 27 Bethany Graham – Furman, John Champe
- 39 Grace Jensen – Georgetown
- 59 Chloe Scrimgeour- Georgetown
- 86 Sami Corman – Georgetown
- 123 Melissa Riggins – Georgetown
- 190 Chloe Gonzalez – Georgetown
- 216 Katy-Ann McDonald – Georgetown
- Division I
- 22 Luke Tewalt – Wake Forest, Washington Latin
- 77 Bryce Lentz – Air Force, Colgan
- 105 Derek Johnson – Virginia, Tuscarora
- 132 Parker Stokes – Georgetown
- 137 Antonio Lopez Segura – Virginia Tech, Colgan
- 150 Sean Laidlaw – Georgetown
- 171 Sam Affolder – Washington, Loudoun Valley
- 178 Camden Gilmore – Georgetown
- 184 Rohann Asfaw – Virginia, Richard Montgomery
- 210 Matthew Rizzo – Georgetown
- 225 Lucas Guerra – Georgetown
- 250 Abel Teffra – Georgetown
- Division III
- 60 Sophie Tedesco – Chicago, George Marshall
- 71 Sarah James – Lynchburg, Brentsville District
- 155 Katie Hirsche – Haverford, Edmund Burke
- 166 Genevieve Dibari – Pomona, Stone Ridge
- 202 Ilana Zeilinger – Bates, Georgetown Day School
- Division III
- 27 Gavin McElhennon – Johns Hopkins, Gonzaga
- 91 Aaron Bratt – Haverford, Walt Whitman
- 144 John O’Rourke – Catholic
- 160 Timothy Boyce – St. Lawrence, Northwood
- 187 Daniel Ferrante – Christopher Newport, Fairfax Christian
- 190 Sean Enright – Johns Hopkins, Sherwood
- 203 Sam Llaneza – Lynchburg, Brentsville District
- 262 Aidan Nathan – Case Western, Briar Woods
- 272 Tor Hotung-Davidsen – Lynchburg, Oakton
- Sidwell Friends alumna Taylor Knibb won the Ironman world championship 70.3 in St. George, Utah.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Beach Drive remains closed to through traffic year-round, locals win conference, USATF titles.
Capt. Kyle King won the Marine Corps Marathon, a year after he planned to make his debut at the race, and Chelsea Baker of the British Royal Navy made tremendous strides winning the women’s race.
Bib swapping may seem like it wouldn’t matter, but it has far-reaching consequences for runners and races.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Celebrate Memorial Day! Honor our past and present military heroes and first responders by running in the annual RINGING IN HOPE: A SALUTE TO OUR TROOPS! Join your friends and neighbors on May 29, 2023, at