- The National Park Service will close East Potomac Park for one week in early December to divide the road on Hains Point to add a dedicated bike and pedestian lane to the inside half of the road.
- NPS will hold a virtual public meeting a 7 p.m. Dec. 6 to address planned safety improvements along Arlington County’s portion of the Mount Vernon Trail.
- The entry lottery for the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile will run from Dec. 1-5.
- Herndon’s Gillian Bushee, McLean’s Thais Rolly and Good Counsel’s Leah Stephens qualified for the Champs National Cross Country Championship (formerly sponsored by Foot Locker).
- Georgetown’s women finished 10th and the men 31st at the NCAA DIvision I Cross Country Championships, with Washington Latin’s Luke Tewalt (Wake Forest) finishing 22nd and John Champe’s Bethany Graham (Furman) finishing 27th to lead D.C.-area natives. Gonzaga’s Gavin McElhennon (Johns Hopkins) finished 27th and George Marshall’s Sophie Tedesco (Chicago) finished 60th at the Division III championships.
- Division I
- 21 Maggie Donahue – Georgetown
- 27 Bethany Graham – Furman, John Champe
- 39 Grace Jensen – Georgetown
- 59 Chloe Scrimgeour- Georgetown
- 86 Sami Corman – Georgetown
- 123 Melissa Riggins – Georgetown
- 190 Chloe Gonzalez – Georgetown
- 216 Katy-Ann McDonald – Georgetown
- Division I
- 22 Luke Tewalt – Wake Forest, Washington Latin
- 77 Bryce Lentz – Air Force, Colgan
- 105 Derek Johnson – Virginia, Tuscarora
- 132 Parker Stokes – Georgetown
- 137 Antonio Lopez Segura – Virginia Tech, Colgan
- 150 Sean Laidlaw – Georgetown
- 171 Sam Affolder – Washington, Loudoun Valley
- 178 Camden Gilmore – Georgetown
- 184 Rohann Asfaw – Virginia, Richard Montgomery
- 210 Matthew Rizzo – Georgetown
- 225 Lucas Guerra – Georgetown
- 250 Abel Teffra – Georgetown
- Division III
- 60 Sophie Tedesco – Chicago, George Marshall
- 71 Sarah James – Lynchburg, Brentsville District
- 155 Katie Hirsche – Haverford, Edmund Burke
- 166 Genevieve Dibari – Pomona, Stone Ridge
- 202 Ilana Zeilinger – Bates, Georgetown Day School
- Division III
- 27 Gavin McElhennon – Johns Hopkins, Gonzaga
- 91 Aaron Bratt – Haverford, Walt Whitman
- 144 John O’Rourke – Catholic
- 160 Timothy Boyce – St. Lawrence, Northwood
- 187 Daniel Ferrante – Christopher Newport, Fairfax Christian
- 190 Sean Enright – Johns Hopkins, Sherwood
- 203 Sam Llaneza – Lynchburg, Brentsville District
- 262 Aidan Nathan – Case Western, Briar Woods
- 272 Tor Hotung-Davidsen – Lynchburg, Oakton
- Sidwell Friends alumna Taylor Knibb won the Ironman world championship 70.3 in St. George, Utah.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
Be part of the original festive race for charity and signature Arthritis Foundation holiday event! Wear your favorite holiday attire and together, we’ll jingle all the way to a cure! Register as an individual or bring a team of friends,