- The Montgomery County Planning Board will hold a public hearing at 5:30 pm March 30 on the Liittle Falls Parkway road diet, which has closed two lanes of the road for a half-mile stretch, allowing for recreational use. The county planning staff has recommended the program continue.
- The Zoo Loop in Rock Creek Park is now open through 7 p.m.
- D.C.’s Tim Choi was a guest on the Micromobility DC podcast.
- The Road Runners Club of America honored several local runners through the 2022 National Running Awards program:
- Conroy Zien and Sarah Day for their role leading the Mongtomgery County Road Runners Club’s First Time Marathon program – Outstanding Beginning Running Program. Zien was named Best Running Coach in the 2015 Best of Washington Running.
- Kelyn Soong of the Washington Post – Excellence in Running Journalism. Soong wrote for RunWashington for several years.
- Jean Arthur of Silver Spring – Browning Ross Spirit of the RRCA.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
Be part of the original festive race for charity and signature Arthritis Foundation holiday event! Wear your favorite holiday attire and together, we’ll jingle all the way to a cure! Register as an individual or bring a team of friends,