- The National Park Service has extended the usual weekend closure of most of Beach Drive in Rock Creek Park to traffic throughout the rest of April. Roads in Anacostia Park and Fort Dupont Park will be closed to traffic from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. every day until April 30.
- Montgomery Parks is closing Little Falls Parkway between, Massachusetts Avenue and Arlington Road (River Road will be open midway), and Beach Drive, between Knowles Avenue and Connecticut Avenue (Cedar Lane is open midway) to traffic between Fridays at 9 am to Sundays at 6 p.m. Sligo Creek Parkway is closed on the same schedule between University Boulevard and Fores Glen Road (with Dennis Avenue open midway) and Piney Branch Road to Old Carroll Avenue (with Maple Avenue open midway).
- A variety of local runners were guests on podcasts recently:
- Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier Caitlyn Tateishi was on Ali on the Run
- Mike Wardian was on Citius and Run Farther and Faster
- Tom Brumlik was on Running Through It
- T.S. Wootton Coach Kellie Redmond was on Run Farther and Faster
- Loudon Valley alumnus Drew Hunter was on Final Surge
Marine Corps Marathon sells out, Tewalt and Johnson to race at NCAAs, Chocolate City Relay sets off on Saturday and a D.C. runner wins gold medals for Malta.
Local runners captured 25 titles at state outdoor track championships in distance races and another broke the 4-minute-mile barrier.
Derwood’s Lake Needwood helped Maggie Lloyd almost forget all about the summer misery and, somehow, the pandemic, for an hour or so.
Loudoun County’s map of unpaved roads led me to a beauty of a run north of Leesburg.
3rd Annual APA MOORE Equity in Mental Health 5K Run,…
About APA’s MOORE Equity in Mental Health 5k
The APA’s Division of Diversity and Health Equity invites you to join us in combating mental health inequities facing young people of color and in honoring mental health advocate Bebe Moore Campbell.
Losing to Live 5K Walk/Run
WHEN Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 9:00 am WHERE This convenient location is just minutes from your house located 1/2 mile inside the 1-495 Capital Beltway at exit 51. Spectators are welcome to watch and cheer on the runners. Capital