- Fleet Feet Gaithersburg will close permanently in the next week. It was voted best running specialty store in Maryland in 2015 by RunWashington readers.
- Dietician and Lane 9 Project cofounder Heather Caplan was a guest on the For the Long Run podcast.
- A few weeks ago, Loudoun Valley coaches Joan and Marc Hunter were guests on the Final Surge podcast. Feel free to stop listening before the Upper St. Clair coach talks.
- Keira D’Amato will be the guest on this week’s Potomac River Running Instagram live, Wednesday July 15, 8 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Quince Orchard High School announced its 2020 Hall of Fame class, including five unners
- Susan Katz- Class of 1996, Track & Field
- Cara Harrison- Class of 2010, Cross Country and Track & Field
- Caitlyn Kennedy- Class of 2005, Lacrosse, Field Hockey, Track & Field and Cross Country
- Kiki Manners- Class of 2006, Soccer, Indoor Track & Field and Lacrosse
- Neal Darmody- Class of 2008, Cross Country and Track & Field
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
2023 will be the 10 year anniversary of the St. Louis Hawks 5K and Fun Run for Health & Wellness. The USATF certified course runs through the historic Hollin Hills neighborhood in Alexandria, VA.
The Hawks 5K goal, in conjunction