- Silver Spring’s Will Etti, who RunWashington featured in its 2015 marathoners series, was a guest on the Run Farther and Faster podcast, talking about diversity in running and his experiences with racial profiling.
- Kensington resident Anthony Brennan III was charged with three counts of second-degree misdemeanor assault resulting from a June 1 incident on the Capital Crescent Trail. Social media users publicly identified two men who were not involved.
- Beach Drive, between the Maryland state line and Broad Branch Road in D.C.’s Rock Creek Park will remain closed to traffic through July 24.
- Longtime Montgomery County Road Runners Club volunteer George Tarrico, of Rockville, died June 6.
- Walter Johnson alumna Jenna Goldberg, a state cross country champion and Foot Locker finalist, will be a speaker on what is billed as an online “motivational talk” Monday June 16 at 5 p.m. Register here.
- This week’s Potomac River Running Instagram Live, starting at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, will feature Moise Joseph, Kareen Lawson, Kelly Kavanaugh and Kim Griffin.
- Arlington County and Washington, D.C. tracks are open. Don’t be dumb about using them.
- A white male in his 20’s, with brown hair, wearing blue shorts, no shirt, and a black fanny pack exposed himself to a woman on the Custis Trail June 8 around 11 a.m. For more information, check ArlingtonNow.
- The National Arboretum will be open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.