- Silver Spring’s Will Etti, who RunWashington featured in its 2015 marathoners series, was a guest on the Run Farther and Faster podcast, talking about diversity in running and his experiences with racial profiling.
- Kensington resident Anthony Brennan III was charged with three counts of second-degree misdemeanor assault resulting from a June 1 incident on the Capital Crescent Trail. Social media users publicly identified two men who were not involved.
- Beach Drive, between the Maryland state line and Broad Branch Road in D.C.’s Rock Creek Park will remain closed to traffic through July 24.
- Longtime Montgomery County Road Runners Club volunteer George Tarrico, of Rockville, died June 6.
- Walter Johnson alumna Jenna Goldberg, a state cross country champion and Foot Locker finalist, will be a speaker on what is billed as an online “motivational talk” Monday June 16 at 5 p.m. Register here.
- This week’s Potomac River Running Instagram Live, starting at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, will feature Moise Joseph, Kareen Lawson, Kelly Kavanaugh and Kim Griffin.
- Arlington County and Washington, D.C. tracks are open. Don’t be dumb about using them.
- A white male in his 20’s, with brown hair, wearing blue shorts, no shirt, and a black fanny pack exposed himself to a woman on the Custis Trail June 8 around 11 a.m. For more information, check ArlingtonNow.
- The National Arboretum will be open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on