- Security fears following a bombing at the Seaside Park, N.J. Semper Five 5k has prompted the cancellation of the McLean Run for the Warriors 5k, scheduled for Oct. 1. ” …The Board felt it had a responsibility to protect all involved. With the event less than two weeks away, (there) simply would not be able to execute the safety plan which includes increased security everyone deserves,” the race announced via Facebook.
- Julie Culley has been named interim director of track and field and cross country at Georgetown University, following the departure of her predecessor, Mike Smith, to Northern Arizona University. Culley, who ran the 5,000 meters at the 2012 Summer Olympics, served as an assistant coach at Georgetown for two years and is expected to fill interim role through the 2016-2017 school year, she said on Pace the Nation.
- The Goblin Gallop 5k has reach the end of the line after 22 years. The race, which raises money for the John Quadrino Foundation to fund travel, mortgage payments and wigs for families whose children are undergoing chemotherapy, was unable to find a major sponsor this year. It was held at Fair Lakes Shopping Mall until 2009, when it moved to Fairfax Corner.
- The parkrun series has added weekly time trials to Roosevelt Island at 9 a.m. Saturdays. Another series will begin Oct. 15 in College Park on the Paint Branch Trail, also at 9 a.m.
- Arlington’s Randy Myers served as a finish line doctor immediately after winning the Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon Sept. 10 in Lancaster, Pa.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.