- The District of Columbia Recreational Trails Advisory Committee has three vacancies. The committee advises the mayor on trail planning and allocating funds for trail improvements projects from funding allocations made by the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) National Recreational Trails Fund Act. To find out more, and to apply, click here.
- DDOT and Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B will hold a joint meeting on the preliminary design of the Metropolitan Branch Trail from Brookland to Takoma Park on Saturday, March 21 from 1 pm to 4 pm at the 4th District Police Headquarters, 6001 Georgia Avenue, NW. Representatives from DDOT will present the trail alignment and solicit feedback from the general public. Click here for more information.
- Phil Stewart, race director for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run, was inducted into the Road Runners Club of America Hall of Fame.
- Three local cross country runners were honored as their respective states’ Gatorade Runners of the Year:
- Andrew Hunter, a Loudoun Valley junior, represented Virginia, where he went undefeated on his way to his second consecutive 3A title, where he broke Sean McGorty’s course record. He won the Foot Locker South regional meet before finishing fourth at the national championships.
- Diego Zarate, a senior at Northwest, won the Montgomery County championship and 4A West regional title before finishing third in the Maryland 4A state meet.
- Tristan Colaizzi, a junior at the Georgetown Day School, was D.C.’s runner of the year, following a season in which he won the DCXC junior race.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.