- A man on a bicycle groped a runner Oct. 15 around 3:45 p.m. neat the GenOn plant on the Mount Vernon Trail in Alexandria.
A witness described him as a young hispanic male around 20 years old, medium height and thin, with short black hair. He was wearing a red t-shirt with a large black, or dark gray, Nike swoosh along the chest. The man approached the runner slowly from behind on his bicycle, and grope her. She screamed and he biked north on the trail. Anyone with information about this incident should contact the U.S. Park Police at (202) 610-7500. This and other assaults on runners in the D.C. area are tracked here.
- The Marine Corps Marathon expo will move to the Gaylord National Convention Center in Oxon Hill, Md. for the next two years. Shuttles will be available from Metro stations. The Washington Business Journal provides a detailed look at the motivation behind this move.
- A course error in the Goblin Gallop 5k means that race will not be included in this year’s RunWashington runner rankings.
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on