- With SafeTrack still preventing the Metro system from opening early for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile, race management has laid out a variety of transportation options to reach the race on time.
- The Marine Corps Marathon registration lottery closes on Wednesday, March 29.
- The Montgomery County Road Runners Club announced its annual award winners March 26:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Craig Roodenburg
- President’s Awards – Trish Gill, Denis McDonald, Sri Rapaka, Kelly Scherf, John Way, Wendy Young
- Coach of the Year – Travisha Gunter, Kellie Redmond
- Journalism Award – Dan Reichmann
- Most Improved Runners – Mical Honigfort, Will Etti
- Outstanding High School Runners – Julia Reicin, Maya Jacobson, Jason Scott
- Race Director of the Year – Christina Caravoulias
- Volunteer of the Year – Karen Craney
- Volunteer Service – Keith Evans, Bill Lee, Cee-Cee Swalling
- Runner of the Year – Dan Lawson, Dee Nelson, Chris Shaw, Trish Stone, Chris Pruitt, Robin Watkins
- Runner of the Year Recognition – Dagmar Salazar Guzman, Sarah Flynn, Randy Smith, Julie Sapper, Emily Pierce, Miriam Mintzer, Jeff Duyn, Scott Koonce, Lila Firouzfar, Jeanne Larrison, Paul Peterson, Kirk Gordon
- Participation Series – Walter Brown, Christina Caravoulias, Yukun Fung, Eric Johnston, Bernard Kelly, Leonard Lee, Don Libes, Patricia Rich, Rodney Rivera, Donald Schuirmann, Robert Smith, Bill Strider, Julie Trapp,John Way, Kam Yee Tom Young
- Cake Contest – Jeanne Larrison
- The DC Road Runners announced its award winners March 5:
- Outstanding female runner – Rochelle Basil
- Outstanding female master – Ida Draim
- Most improved female – Gretchen Lynch
- Outstanding male runner – Tom Bean
- Outstanding male master – Sean Hicks
- Most improved male – Lokesh Meena
- Justine Peet outstanding volunteer – Alan Coykendall
- Coach of the year – Kathy Pugh
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.
Georgetown’s Parker Stokes finished third in the steeplechase at the NCAA Championships, Howard’s women’s 4×4 team finished fifth, and two Hoyas finished in the top 15 in the women’s 10k.