- With SafeTrack still preventing the Metro system from opening early for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile, race management has laid out a variety of transportation options to reach the race on time.
- The Marine Corps Marathon registration lottery closes on Wednesday, March 29.
- The Montgomery County Road Runners Club announced its annual award winners March 26:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Craig Roodenburg
- President’s Awards – Trish Gill, Denis McDonald, Sri Rapaka, Kelly Scherf, John Way, Wendy Young
- Coach of the Year – Travisha Gunter, Kellie Redmond
- Journalism Award – Dan Reichmann
- Most Improved Runners – Mical Honigfort, Will Etti
- Outstanding High School Runners – Julia Reicin, Maya Jacobson, Jason Scott
- Race Director of the Year – Christina Caravoulias
- Volunteer of the Year – Karen Craney
- Volunteer Service – Keith Evans, Bill Lee, Cee-Cee Swalling
- Runner of the Year – Dan Lawson, Dee Nelson, Chris Shaw, Trish Stone, Chris Pruitt, Robin Watkins
- Runner of the Year Recognition – Dagmar Salazar Guzman, Sarah Flynn, Randy Smith, Julie Sapper, Emily Pierce, Miriam Mintzer, Jeff Duyn, Scott Koonce, Lila Firouzfar, Jeanne Larrison, Paul Peterson, Kirk Gordon
- Participation Series – Walter Brown, Christina Caravoulias, Yukun Fung, Eric Johnston, Bernard Kelly, Leonard Lee, Don Libes, Patricia Rich, Rodney Rivera, Donald Schuirmann, Robert Smith, Bill Strider, Julie Trapp,John Way, Kam Yee Tom Young
- Cake Contest – Jeanne Larrison
- The DC Road Runners announced its award winners March 5:
- Outstanding female runner – Rochelle Basil
- Outstanding female master – Ida Draim
- Most improved female – Gretchen Lynch
- Outstanding male runner – Tom Bean
- Outstanding male master – Sean Hicks
- Most improved male – Lokesh Meena
- Justine Peet outstanding volunteer – Alan Coykendall
- Coach of the year – Kathy Pugh
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Beach Drive remains closed to through traffic year-round, locals win conference, USATF titles.
Capt. Kyle King won the Marine Corps Marathon, a year after he planned to make his debut at the race, and Chelsea Baker of the British Royal Navy made tremendous strides winning the women’s race.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Celebrate Memorial Day! Honor our past and present military heroes and first responders by running in the annual RINGING IN HOPE: A SALUTE TO OUR TROOPS! Join your friends and neighbors on May 29, 2023, at