- Repairs to a water pump outside of the Foundary Branch Tunnel is forcing a detour of the Capital Crescent Trail until at least late November.
- Sean Graham has been hired to coach the American University track and cross country teams. He was most recently an assistant at the University of Kentucky and previously served as an assistant at American, and a volunteer assistant at George Mason.
- A handful of runners with local connections competed at the IAAF World Championships this weekend.
- Georgetown alumna Emily Infeld finished sixth in the 10k, running 31:20.45 behind Ethiopian winner Almaz Ayana’s 30:16.32.
- Stafford’s Serena Burla, formerly of Falls Church, was 11th in the IAAF World Championships Marathon, running 2:29.32, Lindsay Flanagan, formerly of Silver Spring, finished 37th in 2:39.27. Bahrain’s Rose Chelimo won in 2:27.11. Hiruni Wijayaratne, a Herndon alumna running for Sri Lanka, made it halfway before dropping out.
- Edose Ibadin, a District Track Club member competing for Nigeria, ran in the 800 meter heats, finishing in 1:46.51. He was the second non-qualifier for the semifinals, 0.09 seconds out of the last advancing spot.
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on