Winds predicted to high 50 miles per hour race morning have prompted the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile race committee to make some changes to race infrastructure and procedures, according to race spokesman Keith Peters.
- The kids’ race has been cancelled
- The elite women will now start with the rest of the field at 7:30
- The will be no mile marks or split clocks on the course
- Pre-race warmups and the post-race awards ceremony have been cancelled
- The only tents will be for medical services and baggage check
- Overhead structures and signage near the start/finish line will be removed, and
- Race staff will encourage runners to go home after finishing.