Winds predicted to high 50 miles per hour race morning have prompted the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile race committee to make some changes to race infrastructure and procedures, according to race spokesman Keith Peters.
- The kids’ race has been cancelled
- The elite women will now start with the rest of the field at 7:30
- The will be no mile marks or split clocks on the course
- Pre-race warmups and the post-race awards ceremony have been cancelled
- The only tents will be for medical services and baggage check
- Overhead structures and signage near the start/finish line will be removed, and
- Race staff will encourage runners to go home after finishing.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
A man broke an adult male runner’s nose while beating him after the runner bumped into him at approximately 11 a.m. June 24 on the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail near RFK…
The out and back Falls Church City 5K/3K course is mostly flat on the W&OD Trail starting and finishing at 103 Columbia Street. Overall male and female winners earn free shoes and medals are awarded to all categories. Great family