Winds predicted to high 50 miles per hour race morning have prompted the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile race committee to make some changes to race infrastructure and procedures, according to race spokesman Keith Peters.
- The kids’ race has been cancelled
- The elite women will now start with the rest of the field at 7:30
- The will be no mile marks or split clocks on the course
- Pre-race warmups and the post-race awards ceremony have been cancelled
- The only tents will be for medical services and baggage check
- Overhead structures and signage near the start/finish line will be removed, and
- Race staff will encourage runners to go home after finishing.
Arlington seeks trail feedback; Infeld, Whittaker, Guerra Tewalt make U.S. teams for World Championships, backward running track meet next week, Wardian completes cross-country run.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.