Heritage alumna Weini Kelati led locally-connected collegiate runners at the NCAA Championships with a seventh place finish in the Division I meet, where she helped the New Mexico team to the championship. Georgetown individual qualifier Jonathan Green finished 10th. Clarksburg’s Lucie Noall finished 75, running for Queens and George Marshall’s Jenna Robbins finished 201st with her Shippensburg team in Division II. I have very little research on Division II rosters, so please comment if I’m missing anyone. Christopher Newport finished third in the Division III men’s race, and JJ LaPointe‘s (Bishop O’Connell) 14th place finish went a long way to making that happen. Abigail Levine, a Bethesda-Chevy Chase alumna running for Carnegie Mellon, finish 108th.
7. Weini Kelati – New Mexico (Heritage)
41. Katy Kunc – Kentucky (Lake Braddock)
54. Bethlehem Taye – N.C. State (Paint Branch)
142. Hannah Christen – Mississippi (Lake Braddock)
163. Alexandra Lucki – Maryland
168. Martha MacDonald – Georgetown
204. Rachel McArthur – Villanova (Patriot)
10. Jonathan Green – Georgetown
83. Tai Dinger – Stanford (St. Albans)
101. Chase Weaverling – Virginia (Poolesville)
197. Alex Corbett – Virginia (Lake Braddock)
202. Diego Zarate – Virginia Tech (Northwest)
237. Johnny Pace – Virginia (Westfield)
75. Lucie Noall – Queens (Clarksburg)
201. Jenna Robbins – Shippensburg (George Marshall)
14. JJ LaPointe – Christopher Newport (Bishop O’Connell)
103. Otto Kingstedt – RIT (formerly Gallaudet)
144. Jeff Gibson – Mary Washington (Thomas Edison)
152. Liam Walsh – Carnegie Mellon (Quince Orchard)
162. Cavanaugh McGaw – Christopher Newport (Lake Braddock)
183. Billy Rabil – Christopher Newport (West Springfield)
239. Marcelo Jauregui-Volpe – Haverford (St. Albans)
108. Abigail Levine – Carnegie Mellon (Bethesda-Chevy Chase)
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.