Heritage alumna Weini Kelati led locally-connected collegiate runners at the NCAA Championships with a seventh place finish in the Division I meet, where she helped the New Mexico team to the championship. Georgetown individual qualifier Jonathan Green finished 10th. Clarksburg’s Lucie Noall finished 75, running for Queens and George Marshall’s Jenna Robbins finished 201st with her Shippensburg team in Division II. I have very little research on Division II rosters, so please comment if I’m missing anyone. Christopher Newport finished third in the Division III men’s race, and JJ LaPointe‘s (Bishop O’Connell) 14th place finish went a long way to making that happen. Abigail Levine, a Bethesda-Chevy Chase alumna running for Carnegie Mellon, finish 108th.
7. Weini Kelati – New Mexico (Heritage)
41. Katy Kunc – Kentucky (Lake Braddock)
54. Bethlehem Taye – N.C. State (Paint Branch)
142. Hannah Christen – Mississippi (Lake Braddock)
163. Alexandra Lucki – Maryland
168. Martha MacDonald – Georgetown
204. Rachel McArthur – Villanova (Patriot)
10. Jonathan Green – Georgetown
83. Tai Dinger – Stanford (St. Albans)
101. Chase Weaverling – Virginia (Poolesville)
197. Alex Corbett – Virginia (Lake Braddock)
202. Diego Zarate – Virginia Tech (Northwest)
237. Johnny Pace – Virginia (Westfield)
75. Lucie Noall – Queens (Clarksburg)
201. Jenna Robbins – Shippensburg (George Marshall)
14. JJ LaPointe – Christopher Newport (Bishop O’Connell)
103. Otto Kingstedt – RIT (formerly Gallaudet)
144. Jeff Gibson – Mary Washington (Thomas Edison)
152. Liam Walsh – Carnegie Mellon (Quince Orchard)
162. Cavanaugh McGaw – Christopher Newport (Lake Braddock)
183. Billy Rabil – Christopher Newport (West Springfield)
239. Marcelo Jauregui-Volpe – Haverford (St. Albans)
108. Abigail Levine – Carnegie Mellon (Bethesda-Chevy Chase)
Arlington seeks trail feedback; Infeld, Whittaker, Guerra Tewalt make U.S. teams for World Championships, backward running track meet next week, Wardian completes cross-country run.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.