- Cross country in D.C. will be sandwiched by indoor and outdoor seasons under a plan announced by the DCSAA. . Winter sports, including indoor, will start practices in December, cross country will start in February and outdoor track will start at the end of March.
- Nike Cross Nationals and its associated regional meets have been canceled for 2020. Last year, Loudoun Valley’s boys and girls teams finished 10th.
- The Transportation Planning Board will be voting whether or not to adopt the National Capital Trail Network on July 22nd. Comments will be accepted until 9 a.m. July 22nd at [email protected].
- Gaithersburg alumnus Aaron Anderson was a guest on the Run Farther and Faster podcast.
- South Lakes sprinter and Michigan recruit Hannah Waller will be the guest on this week’s Potomac River Running Instagram Live, Wednesday, July 22 8 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Beach Drive in D.C.’s Rock Creek Park will remain closed to vehicles through the beginning of Phase 4 of the district’s reopening plan.
- Oakton and American University alumna Keira D’Amato is a finalist for USATF Athlete of the Week. You can vote until 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 22.
- Construction on the first phase of the W&OD Trail’s “dual trail project,” widening the trail to separate cyclists from pedestrians, will begin in Falls Church in August, with the second phase in Arlington being designed in the next few years.