- Plans to repave and add a pedestrian bridge to the Rock Creek Park path will go forward starting in late February, after DDOT awarded a construction contract. Details include:
- A pedestrian bridge to the south of the tunnel
- Reconstruction of the “zoo loop” that had eroded into the creek several years ago
- Repair of the retaining wall along Piney Branch Parkway
- Various trail closures
- Laurel resident Juliette Whittaker, who is a junior at Mount de Sales Academy, qualified for the Olympic Marathon Trials in the 800 meters, running 2:02.7 at the Virginia Showcase last weekend, the third fastest time for a woman under 20 and a junior class record. She was also a member of the 4×800 meter relay team that set an under-20 world record 8:37.20 the next day.
- The Prince George’s County Department of Public Works and Transportation is putting together a Bike and Pedestrian Network Plan to prioritize resources for bike and pedestrian improvements over the next five years. Comments, which you can make on the map, will be accepted until Jan. 22.
- You know the drill about Keira D’Amato by now, she was a guest on the Six Minute Mile podcast.
- Georgetown alumna Rachel Schneider and Heritage High School alumna Weini Kelati were guests on the 2 Black Runners podcast.
The National Park Service plans to reopen Beach Drive to cars for nine months of the year, but is accepting comments through Thursday.
Welcome to Parks Half Marathon, one of the most beautiful USATF certified courses in the Mid-Atlantic region! Our race begins just before sunrise on a scenic Montgomery County road and…
Hot enough for ya? How about, humid enough for ya?
D’Amato makes world marathon team, hopes arise for July completion of zoo loop, one pedestrian offramp for the American Legion Bridge in Maryland.
The 8th Annual VIDA Thrive 5K event is back in person, happening October 15, 2022 at 8am! We are looking forward to welcoming back runners this year to support Thrive DC.
The new location is along Beach Drive through beautiful