- The lottery for the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile is open through 11:59 p.m. Jan. 16.
- Former Northwood coach and security assistant Giovanni Reumante was arrested and charged with two counts of a sex offense for allegedly engaging in sexual intercourse with a minor student. Anyone with information about the case or who knows of other potential victims are encouraged to contact the Montgomery County Police Department Special Victims Investigations Division at 240-773-5400.
- Prince George’s County will use its Sports and Learning complex as a COVID-19 vaccination site, taking it off the table for holding indoor track races this winter, which will prompt a change to outdoor winter meets in many cases.
- The 2023 and 2024 U.S. Cross Country Championships will be held at Pole Green Park in Hanover County, Va., the first time the race has been held in Virginia. The Montgomery County, Md. Agricultural Farm Park played host to the race in 2009. In 2023, runners will compete for a spot on the U.S. team for the Pan American Games and the 2024 race will select the U.S. team for the World Championships. Each of the races will feature six national championship events, including: the U20 Women’s 6K Championship Race (under 20 years of age), U20 Men’s 8K Championship Race (under 20 years of age), Senior Women’s 10K Championship Race (open runners 20-39 years of age), Senior Men’s 10K Championship Race (open runners 20-39 years of age), Master’s Women’s 8K Championship Race (runners 40+ years of age) and Master’s Men’s 8K Championship Race (runners 40+ years of age). The events will also include the U.S. Armed Forces National Championships, as well as a citizen’s race that will be open to the community.
- Oakton and American alumna Keira D’Amato won the U.S. Half Marathon Championships and was a guest on the More than Running Podcast.
- Heritage alumna Weini Kelati was a guest on the C Tolle Run podcast.
- Pacers Running Stores owner Chris Farley talked about his sub-three-hour* marathon streak on Pace the Nation.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.