- The Coalition for the Capital Crescent Trail, Little Falls Watershed Alliance and Alice Ferguson Foundation have organized a cleanup near River Road April 9 starting at 10 a.m.RSVP through LFHA for the clean-up.
- The National Mall and Memorial Parks is proposing transportation improvements on Ohio Drive in East Potomac Park to improve visitor safety and access to Hains Point, specifically a new bike/pedestrian lane. They are hosting an upcoming public meeting from 5:00-6:30 p.m. April 19. Learn more here.
- If you see a car on the Capital Crescent Trail, report it by calling NPS (in D.C.) at 202-619-7300 or Maryland-National Capital Park Police (in Maryland) at 301-949-8010.
- The Marine Corps Marathon general registration has sold out.
- The Credit Union Cherry Blossom organizers awarded the Les Kinnon Outstanding Service Award to Danny Talmage.
Heritage alumna Weini Kelati ran the world championships 10 k standard and several local runners won distance races at college conference championships.
Beach Drive in D.C.’s Rock Creek Park will remained closed to through traffic until at least Labor Day, local infrastructure planners want runners’ input.
Former Westfield runner and All-RunWashington honoree Johnny Pace produced a video for the Pacers Running film series on Joan and Drew Hunter.
NPS will accept comments through May 19 on proposals to create unprotected bike and pedestrian lanes on Hains Point. A remote meeting April 19 at 5 p.m. will elaborate on the options.