- Heritage alumna Weini Kelati ran a world championship standard in the 10,000 meters at Sound Running’s Track Meet in Orange County, Calif. last weekend. Her 31:11.11 met the 31:25.00 qualifying time.
- Local distance runners scored some wins at collegiate track champhionships (and one likely would have won, if not for her teammate):
Atlantic 10 (Division I)
1. Ryan Fowkes George Washington 3:55.33
1. Logan Broedner George Washington 9:08.53
1.Kathryn Nohilly George Washington 10:33.01
2.Margaret Coogan George Washington 10:33.89
1. Jack Ikenberry George Mason 14:08.79
Coast to Coast (Division III)
1.Daniel Ferrante Christopher Newport (Fairfax Christian) 1:53.65
1.Heather Delaplaine Salisbury (Damascus) 2:19.86
1.Daniel Ferrante Christopher Newport (Fairfax Christian) 3:52.47
1.Logan Funk Christopher Newport (Meridian/George Mason HS) 4:42.81
Centennial (Division III)
1.Gavin McElhennon Johns Hopkins (Gonzaga) 30:28.89
1.Katie Hirsche Haverford (Burke) 37:45.01
University Athletic Association (Division III)
1.Cullen Capuano Washington (Gonzaga) 32:10.66
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Beach Drive remains closed to through traffic year-round, locals win conference, USATF titles.
Capt. Kyle King won the Marine Corps Marathon, a year after he planned to make his debut at the race, and Chelsea Baker of the British Royal Navy made tremendous strides winning the women’s race.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Celebrate Memorial Day! Honor our past and present military heroes and first responders by running in the annual RINGING IN HOPE: A SALUTE TO OUR TROOPS! Join your friends and neighbors on May 29, 2023, at