American University track and cross country coach Matt Centrowitz will end his career as the Eagles coach Sept. 1. He plans to promote his book Like Father, Like Son and help coach said son, Matthew.
After serving nearly a year in an interim role, Julie Culley has been named director of track and field and cross country at Georgetown University.
In anticipation of losing access to the Georgetown Branch Trail because of Purple Line construction, the Parks Half Marathon course will change this year. The race will start on Redland Road, near the railroad overpass, enter Needwood Park at Mile 2.1 and run the remainder of the race in the park, finishing on Beach Drive near Grosvenor Lane.
Six local runners qualified for the NCAA Division I track and field championships this weekend at the University of Oregon:
- Emma Keenan – Georgetown – 800 meters
- Joe White – Georgetown – 800 meters
- Jon Green – Georgetown – 10,000 meters
- Katy Kunc – Kentucky (Lake Braddock) – 3,000 meter steeplechase
- Scott Carpenter – Georgetown – 3,000 meter steeplechase
- Darren Fahy – Georgetown – 3,000 meter steeplechase
Several local runners won distance events at the Maryland track and field championships May 26-27:
- Girls 3200m: Nandini Satsangi – Poolesville 11:07.01
- Girls 4x800m: Damascus – Samantha Kameka, Juliana Ancalmo, Alexis Whitehorn-Coriz, Heather Delaplaine 9:31.05
- Boys 1600m: Ryan Lockett – Poolesville, 4:23.70
- Boys 3200m: Lockett, 9:24.62, Andrew Lent – Poolesville 9:26:25
- Girls 800m: Morgan Casey – Montgomery Blair 2:16.22
- Girls 3200m: Abigail Green – Walter Johnson 10:45.66
- Boys 3200m: Rohann Asfaw – Richard Montgomery 9:24.26
- Boys 4x800m: Northwest – Ngoy Jeriel Yamitshi, Elton Quansah, Jose Infante-Rosale, Chase Osborne 8:01.64
The Montgomery County Planning Board holds a March 30 hearing on Little Falls Parkway, RRCA honors Maryland runners.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.