• Lake Braddock won the girls distance medley relay at the New Balance Outdoor Nationals in Greensboro, N.C. over the weekend. The team of Shannon Browning (3:35 for 1200 meters), Skyla Davidson (0:58 for 400 meters), Samantha Schwers (2:11 for 800 meters) and Kate Murphy (5:03 for 1600 meters) totaled 11:49.62 to win by more than seven seconds. They led a crew of D.C. area runners who totaled four top-three finishes in distance championships.
3.Ryan Lockett – Poolesville 9:21.79
Distance Medley Relay
3. Lake Braddock 10:20.53
4 x 1 mile relay
Loudoun Valley 17:42.03
• A number of running clubs are holding a sunset run for refugees Tuesday – World Refugee Day – starting at 7:30 p.m. at Penn Social. A roughly-5k loop will head to the Lincoln Memorial for a ~8:40 vigil. Find out more here
• Dyestat recounts 2015 Foot Locker Cross Country champion Wieni Kelati‘s year away from competitive running, during which she pursued her diploma at Heritage High School in Leesburg.
• The final tally by road racing trade group Running USA found that four D.C.-area races ranked among the 50 largest domestic road races in 2016:
12. Army Ten-Miler 24,008
24. Marine Corps Marathon 19,690
31. Cherry Blossom Ten Mile 16,009
33. Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon 14,498
• On Wednesday evening June 14, a motorist drove north on the Metropolitan Branch Trail.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.