• Lake Braddock won the girls distance medley relay at the New Balance Outdoor Nationals in Greensboro, N.C. over the weekend. The team of Shannon Browning (3:35 for 1200 meters), Skyla Davidson (0:58 for 400 meters), Samantha Schwers (2:11 for 800 meters) and Kate Murphy (5:03 for 1600 meters) totaled 11:49.62 to win by more than seven seconds. They led a crew of D.C. area runners who totaled four top-three finishes in distance championships.
3.Ryan Lockett – Poolesville 9:21.79
Distance Medley Relay
3. Lake Braddock 10:20.53
4 x 1 mile relay
Loudoun Valley 17:42.03
• A number of running clubs are holding a sunset run for refugees Tuesday – World Refugee Day – starting at 7:30 p.m. at Penn Social. A roughly-5k loop will head to the Lincoln Memorial for a ~8:40 vigil. Find out more here
• Dyestat recounts 2015 Foot Locker Cross Country champion Wieni Kelati‘s year away from competitive running, during which she pursued her diploma at Heritage High School in Leesburg.
• The final tally by road racing trade group Running USA found that four D.C.-area races ranked among the 50 largest domestic road races in 2016:
12. Army Ten-Miler 24,008
24. Marine Corps Marathon 19,690
31. Cherry Blossom Ten Mile 16,009
33. Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon 14,498
• On Wednesday evening June 14, a motorist drove north on the Metropolitan Branch Trail.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
A man broke an adult male runner’s nose while beating him after the runner bumped into him at approximately 11 a.m. June 24 on the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail near RFK…
The out and back Falls Church City 5K/3K course is mostly flat on the W&OD Trail starting and finishing at 103 Columbia Street. Overall male and female winners earn free shoes and medals are awarded to all categories. Great family