Heritage alumna Weini Kelati’s runner-up finish led local runners’ performances at the NCAA Cross Country Championships, a new interactive map shows D.C. area trails, =PR=’s Arlington store moves and more suspicious results from Marine Corps.
- The Capital Trails Coalition has introduced an interactive map of completed and planned paved trails throughout the D.C. area.
- Darrell General won the $25,000 Hometown Hero award. Thank you to everyone who voted for him.
- Derek Murphy of Marathon Investigation continues to look into suspicious Marine Corps Marathon finishers, including one man with a history of missing timing mats and several instances of course cutting leading to tell-tale mile paces as fast as 1:33.
- Potomac River Running’s Arlington store has moved to Ballston Quarter at 4238 Wilson Boulevard.
- T.C. Williams alumnus Noah Lyles won the Jesse Owens Award from USATF. Lyles went undefeated in the 200 meters, winning the Diamond League title.
NCAA cross country finishers after the jump
Letsrun’s interview with Heritage alumna Weini Kelati
NCAA Championships results, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 2 Weini Kelati – New Mexico – Heritage 19:45
- 93 Allie Klimkiewicz – Princeton – Oakton 21:02
- 95 Abbey Green – Virginia – Walter Johnson 21:03
- 109 Taylor Knibb – Cornell – Sidwell Friends School 21:08
- 113 Page Lester – Princeton – National Cathedral School 2109
- 119 Rachel McArthur – Villanova – Patriot 21:13
- 143 Heather Holt – NC State – George Marshall 21:25
- 227 Emily Bracher – Maryland 22:18
- 243 Caroline Alcorta – Villanova – West Springfield 22:46
- 53 Nicholas Wareham – Georgetown 30:10
- 64 Jack Van Scoter – Georgetown 30:21
- 125 Tai Dinger – Stanford – St. Albans 30:52
NCAA Division III Cross Country Championships at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
- 54 Jeff Gibson – Mary Washington – Edison 25:09
- 135 Tristan Colaizzi – Williams – Georgetown Day School 25:47
- 241 Adam Nakasaka – Carleton – Bethesda-Chevy Chase 26:33
- 122 Abigail Levine – Carnegie Mellon – Bethesda-Chevy Chase 22:43
- 182 Genevive DiBari – Pomona – Stone Ridge 23:08
- 229 Abigail Shoemaker – Chicago – Thomas Jefferson 23:35
- 255 Zoe Friedman – Emory – Montgomery Blair 24:03
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
A man broke an adult male runner’s nose while beating him after the runner bumped into him at approximately 11 a.m. June 24 on the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail near RFK…
The out and back Falls Church City 5K/3K course is mostly flat on the W&OD Trail starting and finishing at 103 Columbia Street. Overall male and female winners earn free shoes and medals are awarded to all categories. Great family